Home

The Ultimate "to do" list.

This is a discussion on The Ultimate "to do" list. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2007, 05:02 PM   #9

OVR: 34
Re: The Ultimate "to do" list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver540i
In the gamespot interview, price was mentioned as something that would be revealed later.

Now, if you fully intend to sell at 59, why even mention price in the interview? I think they may sell for full price, but if they wanna entice the Madden crowd, they ought to offer it for either 39 or 49 IMO.
Yes, I noticed that too. Greg Thomas mentions it like it's something to be decided upon. Obviously, that means there will most likely be a drop.

Of course it could mean an increase, in which I'd still buy it. "Ohh..the game is 299.99? Why by all means, give me two, sir."
Old 02-03-2007, 06:15 PM   #10
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Step 1) Make the game totally editable. The league, the teams, the players, the stats. Allow the community to make this the NFL on their own box and to share to others via saves/Xbox live.

Step 2) Incredible atmosphere and gameplay. Im talking about the things weve been dreaming about: gang tackling, real physics tackling, better AI, and much better atmosphere (pregame, half-time highlights, postgame, highlight saves, better record keeping)

Step 3) Sell the game 6 weeks before Madden.

Step 4) Sell for $49.99
Somewhere between steps 1 and 2, you should add that the game should be air-tight & thoroughly tested. With out the NFL license, there won't be any room for error. No idiotic DB's or kickoffs returns that make it to the 40 every time. And heaven's forbid, no classic 2K freezing issues.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:22 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Somewhere between steps 1 and 2, you should add that the game should be air-tight & thoroughly tested. With out the NFL license, there won't be any room for error. No idiotic DB's or kickoffs returns that make it to the 40 every time. And heaven's forbid, no classic 2K freezing issues.
Agreed. Obviously, if the gameplay is weak, reviews and vids will tell people to wait for Madden. They must put forth enough solid play and some wow factor to get people to take the plunge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2007, 09:21 PM   #12
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Step 1) Make the game totally editable. The league, the teams, the players, the stats. Allow the community to make this the NFL on their own box and to share to others via saves/Xbox live.

Step 2) Incredible atmosphere and gameplay. Im talking about the things weve been dreaming about: gang tackling, real physics tackling, better AI, and much better atmosphere (pregame, half-time highlights, postgame, highlight saves, better record keeping)

Step 3) Sell the game 6 weeks before Madden.

Step 4) Sell for $49.99

Sit back, analyze sales, read feedback, and prepare for all out war in 2008.
I totally agree about making it totally editable and since it is called All-Pro Football have rules and field sizes from all the professional leagues so if you want CFL rules and field sizes and rosters so be it. Let the people decide the type of game they want to play and customize it as such.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:26 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 4

Sure, APF 2K8 would be worth $79.99 to me, and most 2K fans. The question is: At what price do you get the more casual gamer to buy a generic/customizable game?

I expect no more than a $49.99 price at release, at the very most. A $39.99 price would be even better, as a $20 price difference with Madden will make many think twice. A $10 difference isn't much of a buy/not buy factor for most people, but $20 is.

Now, if 2K would like to recreate the aggressive strategy of 2K5? To sell so low that most football gamers are tempted, even AFTER getting the new Madden game? Then $29.99 would do it.

Even the "Platinum Hits" are selling at $29.99 now, instead of $19.99. I'd love to see them run a deal with Gamestop and other places to let people trade in Madden 08 for a copy of APF 2K8!

The biggest obstacle in most mind will be the lack of a NFL license, but at the right price, and with created rosters here and there on the internet? It will be up to us hardcore 2K fans to show APF 2K8 to everyone we can, and what can be done with custom options. A job made MUCH easier when the game can be had for $30.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:36 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCdolphin
Sure, APF 2K8 would be worth $79.99 to me, and most 2K fans. The question is: At what price do you get the more casual gamer to buy a generic/customizable game?

I expect no more than a $49.99 price at release, at the very most. A $39.99 price would be even better, as a $20 price difference with Madden will make many think twice. A $10 difference isn't much of a buy/not buy factor for most people, but $20 is.

Now, if 2K would like to recreate the aggressive strategy of 2K5? To sell so low that most football gamers are tempted, even AFTER getting the new Madden game? Then $29.99 would do it.

Even the "Platinum Hits" are selling at $29.99 now, instead of $19.99. I'd love to see them run a deal with Gamestop and other places to let people trade in Madden 08 for a copy of APF 2K8!

The biggest obstacle in most mind will be the lack of a NFL license, but at the right price, and with created rosters here and there on the internet? It will be up to us hardcore 2K fans to show APF 2K8 to everyone we can, and what can be done with custom options. A job made MUCH easier when the game can be had for $30.
I said this a while back but i think they can tempt alot of casual fans who are skeptical about a non licensed game with graphics. first make the game look and animate incredibly, then poor a ton of effort into the generic teams a stadiums.

Make the teams helmets and unis so nice that you walk by and go "sh&t, thats sweet lookin !! Did some team get a new uni this year, what team is that?"

I always refer to the "Chicago inferno" helmet and "Jacksonville Generals" over at the 2k fan site, those were good examples. they should get graphic artist to do all the helmets, air brushed unique concepts. not just a team color with a goofy logo stuck on it.
I know alot still wont be swayed without the official NFL teams, but there is no wining them over anyway!

Last edited by TeeDogg; 02-04-2007 at 12:41 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »