Home

Will this game become as groundbreaking as Halo was...

This is a discussion on Will this game become as groundbreaking as Halo was... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2007, 04:54 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Will this game become as groundbreaking as Halo was...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpezzano
You forgot an important word in your post...YOU. It wouldn't be a disappointment to you.

To me it would, because I thought the Safety play (hell DB play in general) was horrid in 2K5. I wouldn't want a game that had not been imporved in that (and a few other) areas.

I certainly don't think that is what we will get though, but I find it alarming that so many people would settle for it.
Anybody who has played 2K5 extensively would no doubt point to the few flaws like the DB play and expect those issues to be fixed - that goes without saying. But the basic game itself on the Xbox still looks and plays better than Madden 07 on the 360. That's what people are probably speaking of.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:03 PM   #18
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
But the basic game itself on the Xbox still looks and plays better than Madden 07 on the 360.
I'd still disagree. 2k5 was quite stiff. And though I still like the models more than today's Madden, the overall graphics lack the detail of Madden.

Personally, I expect the same type of advancement made in NBA 2K7. No cut scenes. All those detailed animations. Involved sidelines. On the fly options. I'd be very disappointed with a fixed 2K5.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:03 PM   #19
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Anybody who has played 2K5 extensively would no doubt point to the few flaws like the DB play and expect those issues to be fixed - that goes without saying.
You had two people in this thread say they would be fine with 2k5 with updated graphics and animations, and if I cared enough to take them time I could point out many more in some of the other threads.

When someone post their opinion, I take it at its face value. These people didn't say a word about fixing the bugs. so maybe it goes without saying for you, I was only commenting on what I am reading.

I'd rather have an updated 2k5 gameplay engine and the same graphics, then vice versa is all I'm saying. But this debate is not even worth having, because there is no way in hell they are just going to facelift 2k5.

Their going to have to come out strong to make an impression on people like myself who hold no loyalty to their brand, or any brand for that matter. They know this and I really expect a superior product with a lot of surpirses.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:34 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 4

Halo was groundbreaking as a FPS on a console that had such easy LAN use, vehicles, and great controls (as good as it gets without a keyboard and mouse -though the Wii remote should be pretty close).

APF 2K8 can be groundbreaking, as the first console football game to be highly editable. I've never had a football game I could use to recreate the NFL, CFL, USFL or create my own imagined league/teams. I love having options, lots of them.

APF 2K8 can also give us a realistic picture of player steroid use, drug use, and how it affects a team (BTW, welcome back Ricky Williams) if 2K wants to include that. Player fights and ejections, if they want. I don't want anything close to Blitz levels, but it would add authenticity to the game to have these elements to one degree or another.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:53 PM   #21
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
Very true. I'm excited football gaming is coming back, but I honestly don't know what to expect this year. If they could keep the core gameplay of 2K5, fix the bugs it had, and add amazing graphics, I would be a happy camper.
Those are my expectations for this first game. Improve on what they had would be a great start. If they give us that with improved franchise I will be happy for now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2007, 06:08 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCdolphin
APF 2K8 can also give us a realistic picture of player steroid use, drug use, and how it affects a team (BTW, welcome back Ricky Williams) if 2K wants to include that. Player fights and ejections, if they want.
Please God no... and I don't even believe in God.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:38 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcrossman1
for Mircosoft.... I also mean on a gameplay and fun factor level since we all know Halo a shooter and this is a sports game.....
I dont expect it to be ground breaking, all i want is a solid next gen title. all else is gravy
Old 02-02-2007, 06:49 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
I dont expect it to be ground breaking, all i want is a solid next gen title. all else is gravy
Exactly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »