Home

How to get widescreen in NFL 2k5?

This is a discussion on How to get widescreen in NFL 2k5? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2007, 01:12 PM   #1
BPK
Rookie

OVR: 2
How to get widescreen in NFL 2k5?

I'm playing 2k5 on my ps3 and the picture seems a little stretched. Is there a widescreen option or something I'm doing wrong?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2007, 02:14 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: How to get widescreen in NFL 2k5?

The game was designed with a 4:3 ratio, not the 16:9 of most HDTVs you see nowdays. My friend just got a 37" Sharp Aquos 1080P HDTV. Very nice picture, and it has a "Smartstretch" function to upscale a 4:3 to 16:9 and make it look pretty good. Still a bit jaggy compared to the normal Xbox 360 games, but it is running on the old Xbox after all.

You should be able to switch the format on your TV to 4:3 ratio (though you lose some screen size) or just learn to live with it. or drop $1800 on a new Sharp Aquos?
Old 02-04-2007, 06:53 PM   #3
BPK
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCdolphin
The game was designed with a 4:3 ratio, not the 16:9 of most HDTVs you see nowdays. My friend just got a 37" Sharp Aquos 1080P HDTV. Very nice picture, and it has a "Smartstretch" function to upscale a 4:3 to 16:9 and make it look pretty good. Still a bit jaggy compared to the normal Xbox 360 games, but it is running on the old Xbox after all.

You should be able to switch the format on your TV to 4:3 ratio (though you lose some screen size) or just learn to live with it. or drop $1800 on a new Sharp Aquos?
Thanks for the reply. It's strange since typically progressive scan games offer widescreen. And according to this list at least, NFL 2k5 seems to support widescreen: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...Scan_PS2_Games
Old 02-04-2007, 10:39 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 24

For my Xbox I just set it on widescreen mode in the video settings and the game looks perfect as opposed if I stretch the 4:3 screen via the TV which cuts off a little of the bottom and top. I would be very suprised that there's not a setting on the PS3 video menu that does the same.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:55 PM   #5
BPK
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
For my Xbox I just set it on widescreen mode in the video settings and the game looks perfect as opposed if I stretch the 4:3 screen via the TV which cuts off a little of the bottom and top. I would be very suprised that there's not a setting on the PS3 video menu that does the same.
Hmm I'll try this when I get home. Can anyone playing on a ps3 and an hdtv comment on what they're doing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2007, 01:50 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPK
I'm playing 2k5 on my ps3 and the picture seems a little stretched. Is there a widescreen option or something I'm doing wrong?
if you are like me and don't have a tv that upconverts, i don't think it is possible.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:16 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPK
Hmm I'll try this when I get home. Can anyone playing on a ps3 and an hdtv comment on what they're doing?
I just turn on progressive scan. It helps it look better.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:23 PM   #8
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Those that play NFL2K5 on the PS3. When you turn progressive scan on in the in game menu does the frame rate get a little worse or is it just me. Maybe I need to adjust something on my TV.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »