Home

NFL MANAGER OF LISCENSING TIM LANGLEY

This is a discussion on NFL MANAGER OF LISCENSING TIM LANGLEY within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2007, 03:48 PM   #9
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NFL MANAGER OF LISCENSING TIM LANGLEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD STEELERS #1
I was wondering if this 2k game is successfull and shows the nfl how garbage madden is.Maybe the nfl will open for competition.
the franchise was at it's peak with 2k5, and the nfl still went exclusive. They don't care how garbage Madden is. They're getting tons of exposure and money with this. EA partnered with the NFL and ESPN gets their game out to many more people than probably they ever did before.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:12 PM   #10

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
the franchise was at it's peak with 2k5, and the nfl still went exclusive. They don't care how garbage Madden is. They're getting tons of exposure and money with this. EA partnered with the NFL and ESPN gets their game out to many more people than probably they ever did before.
I'm not sure that "they're getting tons of exposure" because of Madden. If 2K can make a game that gives a very positive representation of football, it is possible that the NFL reconsiders having an exclusive developer for an NFL game.

I doubt they're looking at what 2K does, as EA hasn't done anything to hurt the NFL with their game.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:21 PM   #11
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
I'm not sure that "they're getting tons of exposure" because of Madden. If 2K can make a game that gives a very positive representation of football, it is possible that the NFL reconsiders having an exclusive developer for an NFL game.

I doubt they're looking at what 2K does, as EA hasn't done anything to hurt the NFL with their game.
The stuff EA does on ESPN probably helps out sales, since this was a biiig year for madden. I'm hoping the nfl opens it up, but I just don't see why they would now, even though madden is trash to many people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2007, 04:23 PM   #12
MVP

BSanders's Arena

OVR: 11

Give me a good editing system in a football game and the NFL license EA can keep. It's like ESPN I really don't care if I have highlights from Operation sports or ESPN it's just a logo.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:45 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

My thing is in 2010 the nfl can just open it up regardless of how successful madden is. ea needs the nfl not the other way around
Old 02-07-2007, 06:15 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

In that same article, the writers asked the NFL directly how they feel about the dropping review scores (including the 2 worst GameRankings.com scores in any year they have on record for Madden 360 06 and 07) and they said that the most important thing is the consumers voting with their wallets.

That's not a surprise, and honestly, probably what they should be concerned with.

It's unfortunate that critics and consumers often aren't on the same page but it's what mainstreamification of games will do for you.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:41 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSanders
Give me a good editing system in a football game and the NFL license EA can keep. It's like ESPN I really don't care if I have highlights from Operation sports or ESPN it's just a logo.
No kidding, I mean...why not just release the game with generic names and logos but with accurate rosters based on the real players abilities then give the game editing tools to tweak as we see fit. If it were up to me, and I was the 2K people, I would do that and then go the extra mile and create a roster and team "save" and release that out the back door....to a website like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2007, 08:12 PM   #16
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

This isnt new news. Even the EA rep in the interview posted in the E&T forums said that, but I doubt the NFL will pass up on that money.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »