Home

Clay T. Shaver Article "The Ball Is Loose"

This is a discussion on Clay T. Shaver Article "The Ball Is Loose" within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2007, 08:42 AM   #81
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Clay T. Shaver Article "The Ball Is Loose"

A little late on this one but maybe 2k Sports isn't trying to get the hardcore NFL guy. It's going to be hard to regain fans after taking 3 years off and not having an NFL license. The people who really matter (and who will make up the majority of the sales) have already heard of APF2k8 because they are the hardcore gamers who check the sites online and whatnot.

Putting an ad up for APF2k8 might actually have been a negative thing. "No NFL license, LAME!" and that's that. This game can't be associated with the NFL... it has to be a football game, not an NFL game. So putting it along with the biggest NFL game (the Super Bowl) might not be a good idea anyway.

I guess what I'm trying to say is the casual fan is going to go with the name they know, Madden and the NFL. The only people who are going to pick up APF2k8 are the guys who know the 2k feel. You have to treat casual gamers like little children. They want the glitz and glitter, and Madden has it with the NFL license. APF2k8 has to know they aren't going to overtake Madden, they have to cater to their fans they know they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

Last edited by slickdtc; 02-11-2007 at 08:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2007, 11:32 AM   #82
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Clay T. Shaver Article "The Ball Is Loose"

Quote:
Originally Posted by namhnit
When was the last time a video game commercial aired during the Super Bowl? Yeah, NEVER. What makes you think airing a commercial for a football game that is second to the evil empire would make such an impact on the general audience. "2k blew their chance to air a commercial during the Super Bowl", pretty ignorant statement by the article writer.
I'm not sold on you not having an agenda but for now I'll take this for face value. Clay (the writer) was creating buzz... which obviously worked. His statement wasn't ignorant, just an opinion (one that many of us disagree with).

Whether it be at Clay or TT or VC I really just wish people could discuss things without attacking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »