Home

Playbook Editor/Creator

This is a discussion on Playbook Editor/Creator within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2007, 02:11 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 31
Talking Playbook Editor/Creator

I just wanted to put this on the record and make this clear to 2k if any of their staff is reading on this forum.

I will only buy All-Pro Football 2k8 if a playbook editor and playbook creator are included.

I so want to run the wishbone and option I with the 2k game engine. That would really make me a happy man next fall. We all hope the goal of 2k is to make a game of customization but I have an aching feeling that they will not. Remember we still can only create 20 players in NBA2k and you cannot touch the playbooks in those games, let alone the coaches.

I have no idea how a game company hasn't done this right with football games. Madden's playbook creator in a word....sucks. Back when I was 15-16 years old that is all my friends and I did on the football field, draw up plays in the mud! I think this feature would provide many extra hours of fun for a vast amount of gamers out there. Even the less football oriented would like to create a triple reverse or flee flicker...etc

Heres to hope
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2007, 02:16 PM   #2
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Playbook Editor/Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcain
I just wanted to put this on the record and make this clear to 2k if any of their staff is reading on this forum.

I will only buy All-Pro Football 2k8 if a playbook editor and playbook creator are included.

I so want to run the wishbone and option I with the 2k game engine. That would really make me a happy man next fall. We all hope the goal of 2k is to make a game of customization but I have an aching feeling that they will not. Remember we still can only create 20 players in NBA2k and you cannot touch the playbooks in those games, let alone the coaches.

I have no idea how a game company hasn't done this right with football games. Madden's playbook creator in a word....sucks. Back when I was 15-16 years old that is all my friends and I did on the football field, draw up plays in the mud! I think this feature would provide many extra hours of fun for a vast amount of gamers out there. Even the less football oriented would like to create a triple reverse or flee flicker...etc

Heres to hope
You know, that was one of the things from the last NFL Fever game that I wished that everyone did. You could create your own plays, formations, etc... on both sides of the ball, and use those plays online and offline. Now, that's not to say that Fever didn't have its shortcomings, but that was a sweet feature. I for one would love to draw up my own offensive and defensive schemes/plays.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:31 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
I have no idea how a game company hasn't done this right with football games.
And what was wrong with the playbook editor in NFL 2K5? It was terrific.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:24 PM   #4
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
You could create new plays and formation
Old 02-08-2007, 08:15 PM   #5
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
You could only swap out existing plays and formations with plays and formations from other playbooks. There was no ability to create custom plays and formations from scratch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2007, 08:20 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

Which was the last 2k game w/ the Create-a-play feature? I remember using it in 2k2...don't know why it was ever taken out...
Old 02-08-2007, 10:06 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Not that I remember. You couldn't create formations and create plays. I want to create a custom league with some teams running 1960-70 Green Bay Packer offense while others run the run and shoot offense like the 1990's houston Oilers, while others run the I Option like nebraska used to.

That's what I want out of this game. From what I have read I guess everyone else just wants to recreate the NFL. I was hoping we would be able to recreate the College game moreso than the pro.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:22 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Not that I remember. You couldn't create formations and create plays.
Okay, you're talking about a play-create feature, rather than a playbook editor such as the one in 2K5. It would be nice, but I don't see them adding that. Games these days are geared towards online gamers, and a play-create feature is for offline play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »