Home

Unbelievable

This is a discussion on Unbelievable within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2007, 01:51 PM   #9
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Unbelievable

It's unfortunately there's that level of denial on a Madden site, but guess it should be expected. Even if you look at Maddenmania, you don't see threads discussing the game as it used to be in the past. That should be extremely telling to them; that a generic game is getting the amount of discussion it is on a Madden-dedicated board, and in Madden-specific forums

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 02-13-2007, 01:52 PM   #10

OVR: 34

There comes a time when some people begin to take their preference to a particular game very personal. It happens with both 2K and EA supporters.

You begin to have this blind allegiance to the game, and I think it has more to do with assigning personal value to the game because it was in fact your choice.

I doubt that the legions of people who follow Madden and 2K have made an educated decision based on what the game should be about.

MaddenMania is a large establishment. I bet their favor of the game is probably fueled by a desire to keep things alive, rather than the actual game.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:53 PM   #11
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I have no idea what all the fuss is about.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2007, 01:54 PM   #12
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwon0709
And finally, the third person that hates Madden now is the former 2k# players who are most likley still bitter about the NFL License being taken by EA and are unwilling to accept any progress made under the exclusive deal. I can fully understand their position but I do not agree with it. Quite simply put, I think that most of these players would find stuff wrong with a Madden next-gen game that did excellent in the ratings. And don't say you wouldn't, because last season you tore apart a Madden PS2/Xbox game that scored very high in the ratings. Therefore, nothing that EA does will ever make this group happy, period.

^^^
want to admit it or not it is the truth. Everyone gripes about no improvement but what has 2k done in there games for great improvement. I dont see CH 2K7 or NBA 2k7, or even NHL 2K7 making any huge leaps or strides in improvement. And i dont see all-pro 2k8 coming out and blowing people out of the water. Sure it will be a decent, playable game, but yet so is madden. If you say it isnt your just an ignorant fool, hwo would it be not playable when millions play. I'm pretty sure if u go online in madden theres still 100's online at a time.
It's in the details, my man. All the little things that make you believe you're playing the closest replication of that sport. Whether it be a signature shooting animation in NBA 2K7 or the silky smooth skating in NHL 2K7, it's the little things that matter. Madden devs not only miss the minor details, but largely screw up their "back of the box" feature for that year a la Lead Blocker control (pancakes x100).

You're speaking very ignorantly if you attribute Madden's playability to the amount of people playing online. Sure it's playable. Even decent. But in no way is it anything that we thought a next-gen Madden football game should be. Not even close and the sad part is, the devs can't focus on the little details because there's too many large aspects of football missing in their title.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:54 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
I dont see CH 2K7 or NBA 2k7, or even NHL 2K7 making any huge leaps or strides in improvement.
Yes signature styles was not much of a leap at all. Now NBA Live thats a game that took huge strides forward.

Last edited by thmst30; 02-13-2007 at 01:58 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:02 PM   #14
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
want to admit it or not it is the truth. Everyone gripes about no improvement but what has 2k done in there games for great improvement. I dont see CH 2K7 or NBA 2k7, or even NHL 2K7 making any huge leaps or strides in improvement. And i dont see all-pro 2k8 coming out and blowing people out of the water. Sure it will be a decent, playable game, but yet so is madden. If you say it isnt your just an ignorant fool, hwo would it be not playable when millions play. I'm pretty sure if u go online in madden theres still 100's online at a time.

so everyone come at me now because god forbid i give EA some credit and say something that doesnt put 2K as the greatest gaming company to ever grace gods green earth.
Dem's fightin' words, as the saying goes.

The existence of a generic 2K football speaks to every area where EA/Tiburon has failed with Madden. There's just no way this game should exist - and it wouldn't, given the steps EA took to corner the football market. It's debateable as to how "decent/playable" Madden currently is - but one thing that's undeniable is it's a disappointment. And I'd say a pretty big disappointment, if VC feels confident enough to undertake bringing out a generic title to compete in the same genre. I don't think the difficulty of what they're trying to do can be understated, especially given the NFL's dominance. I think there's no way this game exists if Madden is what it should be. Or perhaps it's better to say anywhere close to what it should be

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 02-13-2007, 02:06 PM   #15
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Yes signature styles was not much of a leap at all. Now NBA Live thats a game that took huge strides forward.
signature styles that if u go to the NBA 2K7 forums, theres probably 3 hot threads on people complaining about missing wide open shots. melo's and Lebron's so called "signature" styles make u miss shots that shouldnt be.

Also stats dont lie, people go off on madden being unplayable, ive seen plenty of it, how can u not attribute playablility to the amount of people playing, obviously if it wasnt playable people would not be playing, its all in the stats my man.

Sure it didnt live up to the Next-Gen expectations, but then again, neither did half of the games that came out for next-gen. Its hard to know the ability when u never have tested the waters.

Last edited by Benz87; 02-13-2007 at 02:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2007, 02:13 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 16

here is my response I posted on MM

Quote:
After reading this thread I can say this is 75% untrue.

I agree that a small percentage why people hate next gen madden is that they never played the game.

But come on chris. People who have been playing madden since 92 hate this game because they don't see the innovation put forth by EA. You know EA said they would do things with the ESPN license 2 years ago and we have yet to see anything that came close to what ESPN2k5 did. People are tired of the same ole washed up online with no online leagues. We see other developers do crazy and innovative things with their games but when we want something and wish it doesn't come true not even by a long shot. I believe im the most diehardest "NOT A WORD" madden fan here and I will pre-order madden 2008 but I will be the first to tell you even though I believe Madden 2007 on PS3 is better than any madden on PS2 that I am still DISSAPPOINTED and UNDERWHELMED overall.

I expected so much from Madden Next gen such as 3/4 man gang tackles, commentary from atleast 3 men in the booth,Halftime highlights, SUPERBOWL presentation, Improved atmosphere, Sidelines that are filled with emotion like players walking up and down cheering or slamming their helment in disgust, Improved playbooks where you can pick different audibles at the LOS depending on what formation you have,Challenges online, Custom weather online, THATS JUST TO NAME A FEW.

If I was a 2k fanboy that never played a game of madden in my life and was forced to play this I wouldn't be that excited because most of the features ESPN2k5 had still isn't in a console that is 10X more powerful than last generation consoles. That is a BIG TURNOFF.

I just want to hear other peoples opinions on this.

This is not a thread about hating on you or your article. People have different opinions and I want to hear them.

Last edited by djordan; 02-13-2007 at 02:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »