Home

Unbelievable

This is a discussion on Unbelievable within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2007, 02:44 PM   #25
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Unbelievable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
1) Any sig shot I've had a problem with, I take that player into a Practice Mode session and find when his "Perfect Release" is and my problem is solved. The problem you speak of is something else entirely, tied into the misuse of Clutch Factor in the game that doesn't allow some of the premier players to make open shots consistently until the 4th quarter. A simple "OFF" in the options solves that problem.

2) I think you're confusing unplayable with "not fun". Which NG Madden certainly is not fun.

3) Is every game released going to knock your socks off? I would argue that for every Madden and MLB 2K6, there's a Fight Night or NHL 07 that truly shows what next gen gaming is capable of. In the first two examples, I would argue exclusve contracts ruined the chances of those games being "good".

1) if its thats easy why isnt it related to the people struggling? are a lot of people at OS unintelligent? if they cant figure out something as simple as that?

2)not fun? people put hundreds of hours into this game each year. So why do that if it is not fun, why are people playing if it is not fun? do they feel its a chore they must do? last time i checked i played video games for fun and entertainment, which madden certainly gives me and other people. I'm well aware it has its problems, which everygame does. But theres still the parts that do bring entertainment and fun.

sroz i notice we tend to disagree in many posts, makes thing interesting
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2007, 02:49 PM   #26
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
1) if its thats easy why isnt it related to the people struggling? are a lot of people at OS unintelligent? if they cant figure out something as simple as that?

Nobody should blame the game because they suck . If somebody doesnt like the sig shots they need to step their game up. Thats just the truth, or dont play 2K.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 02-13-2007, 02:50 PM   #27
MVP

BSanders's Arena

OVR: 11

Well that was a interesting read and that just prove to me that the person that wrote that article has no clue on what he is talking about. I wouldn't be surprised if never played Madden but what do we know we only want new features added and good features to stay in the game instead of taking them out. GO WIDE RECEIVER STICK!
Old 02-13-2007, 02:52 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
Now, for a loooong time now, there has been the debate as to why people hate Madden, especially the new gen of Madden. I hate to stir the pot, but I was reading this over at MaddenMania, and I just had to post this to see if some, most, or none agree with this cat. I posted this in the 2K thread because he takes a shot at the 2K fans.

http://www.maddenmania.com/articles/...ate020607.html

Remember, don't kill the messenger. Peace.
LOL, thats was funny, from reading his article it sounds like he hasnt played many football games himself.....LOL
Old 02-13-2007, 03:04 PM   #29
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwon0709

2)not fun? people put hundreds of hours into this game each year. So why do that if it is not fun, why are people playing if it is not fun? do they feel its a chore they must do? last time i checked i played video games for fun and entertainment, which madden certainly gives me and other people. I'm well aware it has its problems, which everygame does. But theres still the parts that do bring entertainment and fun.

1) Never said that. I never posted in those threads because it really isn't that big a deal. Just turn Clutch Factor OFF, and your sig shot problems go away, creating a new problem where your star player is too good unless you tweak the sliders a bit.

2) I'm simply referring to the typical OS'er. Most do not find this game fun. There are alot of people outside of this site that find this game fun because it is far from "sim" and big hits, long bombs and crazy broken tackles are the norm. Those things fit the casual crowd's wants. But most will still tell you they are mildly-very disappointed with the first two NG Maddens.

I am always up for a little verbal jousting. Especially since no name-calling has taken place, which discussions like this tend to attract.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:16 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:

Of course Madden is fun (everyone has their own definition) just like almost many sports game released. We all know that. But what seems to be missed here is that Madden 2007 does not have features that were in a game almost 3 years ago. Yeah, Madden is fun but they just got gang tackiling (on the PS3 at least), the ESPN integration is a joke and online leagues - WHERE ARE THEY?. These are things done that were done on a last gen system. To me that's the problem. Yeah the game is fun but damn you can't do what another company did 3 years ago? That's why people are looking forward to All Pro. I think we are going to see things that once again Madden will not have. Both games are going to be fun (2K8 and Madden 2008) but which one is going to be innovative?

Last edited by bizcanos; 02-13-2007 at 03:20 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:25 PM   #31
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcanos
Of course Madden is fun (everyone has their own definition) just like almost many sports game released. We all know that. But what seems to be missed here is that Madden 2007 does not have features that were in a game almost 3 years ago. Yeah, Madden is fun but they just got gang tackiling (on the PS3 at least), the ESPN integration is a joke and online leagues - WHERE ARE THEY?. These are things done that were done on a last gen system. To me that's the problem. Yeah the game is fun but damn you can't do what another company did 3 years ago? That's why people are looking forward to All Pro. I think we are going to see things that once again Madden will not have. Both games are going to be fun (2K8 and Madden 2008) but which one is going to be innovative?

I'm sorry, Madden is not fun what-so-ever. IMO it's the most boring football game I've EVER played. It has no substance to it. This year and last year are the only years since I've been gaming that I have not played a full season of football. I really regret that I traded my X-Box in when I got my 360, because I would still be playing 2k5 and Madden 07 on it. I thought Madden 07 on the X-Box was a pretty decent game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2007, 03:28 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Because a lot of people don't take the time to learn the release points on sig shots. I started a Charlotte Bobcats franchise and couldn't throw the ball in the ocean with Adam Morrison until I did a practice session and learned that the release point is when the ball is behind his head.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »