Home

Unbelievable

This is a discussion on Unbelievable within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2007, 04:38 PM   #49
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Unbelievable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
it almost gets to a point of having to define "bad". I own a used copy of NCAA07 360. kept it just to have a FB title on the 360. when you get down to it the game is good. the problem i have with it (other than missing features) is that its good for 4 to 5 years ago. Its no where near a Next Gen title. and even tho current gen verions are more polished they are now where near catching up to 2k5. so with that in mind , depending on how you look at it, makes it Bad.
if this were 2002, id be praising Madden 07 & Ncaa07
now I understand.

Other than presentation, what does/did NFL2K5 have that Madden and NCAA don't have today?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 02-13-2007 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:41 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 4

its pretty arrogant to lump everyone who doesn't like madden into those three categories. so basically when someone says that they dislike the game because they think it's unrealistic, he or she is basically lying. i find it very offensive and condescending. according to that article, no one dislikes madden based on thoughtful evaluation. the reason it's so arrogant is because this guy is saying, "because I think madden is so great, there's no legitimate reason why the next person shouldn't like it. they must have a dumb reason for disliking it." i especially love how some posters assume that everyone can afford to buy a next gen system at the drop of a hat. if you complain about current gen madden, people will say its because you're not playing next gen. then if you do have next gen and dont like it, then it's because you dont have hi-def. and if you have hi def and next gen and you dont like it, its because your crazy. i mean, this is a pretty minor topic in light of what goes on in our world daily, but the line of thinking is still arrogant. either that or ignorance. or both. i am not a fanboy of any company, although i do favor 2k. still, i'll buy whatever game seems the best to me. i dont have a next gen system yet (this weekend maybe?), but i dont need one to know that i won't like madden 07 on the 360. why? editing players is something that is important to me. if a guy is over or underrated, i want to be able to adjust that. i dont need to play madden 360 to know that i would be dissatisfied with unrealistic tackling and suction blocking. why pay more for less? dont get me wrong, i do research on games, i dont just listen to what everyone says. but sometimes you dont have to play a game to kow it sucks. i cant wait for 2k football again. sorry for the long post
Old 02-13-2007, 04:42 PM   #51
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
All I got from the article was the guy saying that he thinks people dislike next gen Madden because:

1. Never played it
2. its not current gen (missing current gen features is included in this group, at least thats how I take it)
3. Former 2k players still upset over Madden killing "their" game and finding every possible angle to attack it.

IMO, all he is saying is that people are saying that Madden is a bad "next gen" title because its something different and isn't exactly the way that it was on the current gen console. Its a different game that people are having to "re-learn" and that is upseting some people.

Now is it lacking some of the features that the current gen had, sure. But does that make it, in itself, a bad game? That I am not so sure about

You know what though, He keeps saying that people don't like Madden because its totally different. I say that's bs.. On next gen I can still hold up on the controller to run into a pile and magically come out on the other end and run to daylight, I can still have my RB bounce all over the place, There are the same tired annimations that are in last gen, The atmosphere is like watching paint dry, The announcers or announcer is boring, With the espn liscense I don't see anything close to what it should be, The Faces of the players look nothing like their counterparts actually their hiddeous, and the sidelines everyone are moving in unisom.. This is why people are starting to get irritated at Madden. We have had 2 years in Next gen now and it's still same ol same ol... Now if Madden would show improvments every year I will be the first in line to buy it.. I am a 2k fanboy because they deserve it. If Madden improved like they should and give us a real game, I will get it. Bottom line 2k football has shown me they want my business. Madden shows me they are nieve and as long as they make money they shouldn't have to change.

People are going to tell me that's business. Well i tell you what, If Madden concentrated on their games and gave us a great product they will shi@, sleep, and eat money....I know I would be on board
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2007, 04:45 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
What is considered a "true leap" into next gen?
for me its these things.

Player interactions (life like, on the fly, insanley varried)

3 man mo-cap (or more)

realisitc qb mechanics,

enough animations to make us say , wow, months after buying the game

wrap tackles being the norm

animations that chain and link from eachother ( exact same tackle animations having multiple outcomes over and over again)

most player interaction animations should be (realisticly) interuptable by other players.

next gen presentation

gang tackling that has gamplay implications (not just for show) minimize gains, redirect ballcarrier who is grinding forward, coral elusive backs, bring down big guys a few yards earlier.

ability to grind forward while being wrapped up.

man i could go on for ever and go into way more detail on each thing mentioned. the sad part is this has all been done before (and well ) on old gen hardware

edit. almost every tackle animation should have about 3 to 4 outcomes, of those 3 to 4 they should have around 3 diffrent things that could happen and they chain so on and so forth, ad the 3 man in and that number for each chain doubles.
i'd like to go into a detiled post about just this element, but im bout out of time here

Last edited by TeeDogg; 02-13-2007 at 04:50 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:49 PM   #53
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

I like football. I will play the best game out. It just so happens that Madden is not it anymore to me. If it was, I would play it all day.

I remember when I bought Madden 05 with a buddy. We had the typical madden game where you drop back 100 yards and throw.. then 2k5 came out, and I bought it. He got his copy soonafter and I have not looked back. It wasn't even close for us, or our friends. I can't wait for All Pro..it will be better then Madden..

Whats even better is that all the little kids who play madden will stay with blind loyalty and play it that so the quality of online games will go up for us!
Old 02-13-2007, 04:50 PM   #54
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
All I got from the article was the guy saying that he thinks people dislike next gen Madden because:

1. Never played it
2. its not current gen (missing current gen features is included in this group, at least thats how I take it)
3. Former 2k players still upset over Madden killing "their" game and finding every possible angle to attack it.

IMO, all he is saying is that people are saying that Madden is a bad "next gen" title because its something different and isn't exactly the way that it was on the current gen console. Its a different game that people are having to "re-learn" and that is upseting some people.

Now is it lacking some of the features that the current gen had, sure. But does that make it, in itself, a bad game? That I am not so sure about

True, there are a lot of people who are hatin' on Madden because of the name, but there are also a lot of people hatin' on Madden because it sucks ***, period, not because it's not the old game. In fact, you show me one thing on the new Madden next-gen that's innovative. Lead blocker? When you think of new-gen, you think of new features, game play, etc. No gang tackling, no presentation, mario running, phantom tackling..don't get me started. What people like myself who prefer the 2K series over Madden are pissed about and has been since Madden 06 (next gen) is quite simple. How can a game that's SUPPOSE to be the NEXT GENERATION lag so far behind in a game that is damn near 3 years old? (2k5). So we see this BS, and we're just suppose to say, "well gee, okay, this is all we have now, let's just deal with it." Hell no. It's about time people stop making these half *** excuses for EA and call a spade a spade. EA has not, does not give a damn about the consumers, they don't listen, and all they care about is the bottom line. That's why they bought the NFL license, the NCAA, the ABC, DEF, and G license. Am I saying VC was perfect, oh no, we all witnessed MLB2K6 and the disaster it was, but I think it's obvious that they are trying hard with the new movies we've seen. I guarantee you EA was not expecting the onslaught of negativity that Live got this year, that's why they didn't even release Live on the PS3, the garbage it is. I guess what it boils down to is that VC doesn't rest on it's rep or laurels, but can anyone say the same thing about EA?
Old 02-13-2007, 04:57 PM   #55
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
True, there are a lot of people who are hatin' on Madden because of the name, but there are also a lot of people hatin' on Madden because it sucks ***, period, not because it's not the old game. In fact, you show me one thing on the new Madden next-gen that's innovative. Lead blocker? When you think of new-gen, you think of new features, game play, etc. No gang tackling, no presentation, mario running, phantom tackling..don't get me started. What people like myself who prefer the 2K series over Madden are pissed about and has been since Madden 06 (next gen) is quite simple. How can a game that's SUPPOSE to be the NEXT GENERATION lag so far behind in a game that is damn near 3 years old? (2k5). So we see this BS, and we're just suppose to say, "well gee, okay, this is all we have now, let's just deal with it." Hell no. It's about time people stop making these half *** excuses for EA and call a spade a spade. EA has not, does not give a damn about the consumers, they don't listen, and all they care about is the bottom line. That's why they bought the NFL license, the NCAA, the ABC, DEF, and G license. Am I saying VC was perfect, oh no, we all witnessed MLB2K6 and the disaster it was, but I think it's obvious that they are trying hard with the new movies we've seen. I guarantee you EA was not expecting the onslaught of negativity that Live got this year, that's why they didn't even release Live on the PS3, the garbage it is. I guess what it boils down to is that VC doesn't rest on it's rep or laurels, but can anyone say the same thing about EA?
I think I finally understand

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2007, 05:03 PM   #56
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwon0709
And finally, the third person that hates Madden now is the former 2k# players who are most likley still bitter about the NFL License being taken by EA and are unwilling to accept any progress made under the exclusive deal. I can fully understand their position but I do not agree with it. Quite simply put, I think that most of these players would find stuff wrong with a Madden next-gen game that did excellent in the ratings. And don't say you wouldn't, because last season you tore apart a Madden PS2/Xbox game that scored very high in the ratings. Therefore, nothing that EA does will ever make this group happy, period.

^^^
want to admit it or not it is the truth. Everyone gripes about no improvement but what has 2k done in there games for great improvement. I dont see CH 2K7 or NBA 2k7, or even NHL 2K7 making any huge leaps or strides in improvement. And i dont see all-pro 2k8 coming out and blowing people out of the water. Sure it will be a decent, playable game, but yet so is madden. If you say it isnt your just an ignorant fool, hwo would it be not playable when millions play. I'm pretty sure if u go online in madden theres still 100's online at a time.

so everyone come at me now because god forbid i give EA some credit and say something that doesnt put 2K as the greatest gaming company to ever grace gods green earth.
You really trying to tell us that there are no real improvements in the NBA and College games by 2k from the previous year(s)?

If so have you played them? ..Or maybe give you the benefit of a doubt and ask what kind of improvements are you looking for?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »