Home

I really feel like we are going to....

This is a discussion on I really feel like we are going to.... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2007, 01:12 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: I really feel like we are going to....

heh sorry, I don't mean to raise expectations Im just excited lol. I don't think developing for a new console will have too much effect though. I will give them the benefit of the doubt because of the original 2k, which was basically a dreamcast launch title wasnt it?

I'm just excited lol, I played like 2 seasons of 2k5 this football season (i don't own any newer football game except ncaa 06 which i played a few seasons with during the football season this year too) and found myself wishing I could play a new one with devin hester and cedric benson and all those newer studs on the bears =) (grrr too bad it wont happen this year with 2k8 but i know you guys will put out some good rosters, ill have to pony up for whatever lets you download those)

Who developed C'hoops 2k5? I found myself jonesin for a B Ball game the other day and popped in 2k5 which i havent played in like 2 years. I don't remember why I stopped playing it, but i think it was just because i had 4 roomates at the time and our xbox was basically playing halo2 on live 24/7 lol. It got to the point where we called it the "Halo Box" and whenever someone would be playing another game people would walk in and say stuff like "what is this non halo game doing on the halo box??"
i miss my roomates =( We had a 4 person nfl 2k5 season (we had a 2k4 one too) that we actually got like 2 or 3 seasons in with a fantasy draft. It was fun but 2 of my roomates were unreal, I have no idea what they were doing but one guy had Tommie Harris with like 50 sacks in a season and the other guy would just run LT on you all day lol, good times good times. Theyd go like 16-0 and id miss the playoffs lol, of course i had to compete with another guy who was the vikes so we were in the same division and the other 2 guys were the chiefs and the bengals. So yeah 2k5 did have some screwy stuff where you could do some pretty unsim things, but I never run into that problem just playing it myself (tho i wish i didnt throw like 3 ints a game but grossman is my QB so maybe the game was just ahead of its time lol) but i digress...

I popped in choops 2k5 and have played it all week. I sit in class and cant wait to go home and play it lol, i looked up some sliders on the os forums and its a lot of fun. The point is, that that game is 2 years old now and it still can draw me in! If VC developed that, which i have a feeling they did, I have even more confidence in them as a developer.

I must give EA props though because the game ive played probably even more than 2k5 was Ncaa 06 for xbox ( i liked 07 even better when i rented it but didnt have $$ to buy it) . I have a dynasty thats in like 2029 and every now and then i'll get into that game again and play a few seasons.

Last edited by Bears_16_and_0; 02-15-2007 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:24 PM   #10
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bears_16_and_0
It was fun but 2 of my roomates were unreal, I have no idea what they were doing but one guy had Tommie Harris with like 50 sacks in a season and the other guy would just run LT on you all day lol, good times good times.
There was a DT glitch, I forget the play but I would have to stop myself from calling it because you could get a sack virtually every play with the DT.

I know I will be very happy with AP2K8 if they give me the same collision detection, same atmosphere and presentation, better running animations, next gen graphics, with improved franchise from 2K5. I do not think they need a complete overhaul of the previous game, they should work on improving on an already great foundation that they had. I think a lot of the success or failure of this game may be in the customization. Bottom line for me is summer can't come soon enough.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:32 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

I put 2k5 in my BOX last night and just let it play a few games on its own.My steelers against chargers then the colts.I'm laying in bed thinking about how outstanding this APF 2k8 gonna be.Blow your mind graphics,game play,new running animations(wonder if they'll include an elusive runnner attribute).But I find it immersive just watching 2k5 play! Anyway I wish march would hurry up so I can check GameInformer for a look at 2K8
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2007, 03:51 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardown
There was a DT glitch, I forget the play but I would have to stop myself from calling it because you could get a sack virtually every play with the DT.
yeah i remember, he got pissed when i accused him of cheating lol. i think i remember the play it was like a crossing stunt with the DT, but i dont think he did that, i didnt know what was up.

edit: also, I only have 2k5 for ps2, would it be totally worth it to pick it up for xbox even if i already have played the hell out of it? I think i remember 2k games were designed to take advantage of the box, but is it a lot different?
Old 02-15-2007, 03:58 PM   #13
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
yeah i remember, he got pissed when i accused him of cheating lol. i think i remember the play it was like a crossing stunt with the DT, but i dont think he did that, i didnt know what was up.

edit: also, I only have 2k5 for ps2, would it be totally worth it to pick it up for xbox even if i already have played the hell out of it? I think i remember 2k games were designed to take advantage of the box, but is it a lot different?
I'm in your exact shoes pal. I have the PS2 version, and I want to pick up an Xbox just for this game because it was so different. Wouldn't mind getting some use out of my dormant NFL Fever 2004 and Inside Drive 2004 games either.

Having a tough time finding an Xbox for a reasonable price, though.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:15 PM   #14
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Theyve had a lot of time to get this game going. Madden built their engine relatively quickly so it could come out fast and 2k has had a while now since 360 has come out, and no doubt they have been working on this the whole time.
I agree that this game will be great..."On the field". The franchise piece of it will probably be OK just like every other sports game ever made. Dumb trades, drafts, etc. will probably take a little away from the game but the game on the field and presentation will probably be top notch.

I believe this because NFL 2K3 through 2K5 just got better and better. I don't think it will have to do with having more time to spend on the game because the programmers of NFL 2K5 were working on the NBA games so APF 2K8 probably got the same development time as any other 2K game.

Quote:
I must give EA props though because the game ive played probably even more than 2k5 was Ncaa 06 for xbox ( i liked 07 even better when i rented it but didnt have $$ to buy it) . I have a dynasty thats in like 2029 and every now and then i'll get into that game again and play a few seasons.
This is an assumption on my part so please don't take this personal. I am assuming you are a big fan of 2K (as am I) and really don't like the gameplay on Madden. How could anyone enjoy the gameplay (on the field) for NCAA and not like the gameplay in Madden? In my opinion, the two games play exactly the same (with NCAA getting the prior year's Madden engine). NCAA of field is much better but the game between the lines is not IMO.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:28 PM   #15
Banned

i dunno i just like the ncaa game. the gameplay itself isnt as good as 2k, you are definitely right, i get pissed off all the time playing it. I dunno why ive played it so much, probably because i like recruiting better than i like messing with contracts and all that and the seasons are shorter so theres quicker turn around. The biggest reason actually is probably because i own it for xbox and 2k i only have for ps2 and for a while i didnt have my ps2 hooked up.

sroz: i already have an xbox, id just need to buy 2k5 =)

edit: plus i give ncaa more slack than i do madden because first of all ncaa comes out first, second of all it is a college game so all those AI messups and stuff are a little more forgivable because i just chalk it up (in my own imaginary college fb world) to them being kids where as with madden I expect a lot more because it is the pros, and ive already seen how 2k5 did it right (for the most part)

Last edited by Bears_16_and_0; 02-15-2007 at 04:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2007, 05:56 PM   #16
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

I can see this happening, specially since there has been so much build up waiting for this game to come out over the years, there will be people let down and upset. Personally for me if it played only slightly better than 2k5 with generic teams and a graphic upgrade the first year I would be completely happy with my purchase as I know that from year to year 2k makes their games better. I look at the first game as a stepping stone, building block if you will.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »