Home

A reminder to those who pre order this game

This is a discussion on A reminder to those who pre order this game within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2007, 01:40 AM   #9
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: A reminder to those who pre order this game

Whats the big deal about pre-ordering? Its not you pay extra for the game. That money goes towards your purchase, plus you're gaurenteed a game. I hope alot of people do pre-order the game to let VC know early this game is going to be a hit .

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 02-16-2007, 02:46 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasateaterdave
There is nothing really wrong with pre-ordering an item, but it really doesn't make too much sense to pre-order because;

A.) 9 times out of 10, the product you are pre-ordering will be there the day it is released and you can pick it up without pre-ordering.
B.) When you pre-order a product you give a certain amount of money out of your checking or savings account which can be drawing simple interest for yourself and not for a megacompany (albeit if the pre-order $$ amount is low you wont gain too much off of it).
C.) A lot of the sales reps fill you with a BS weasal line and try to make you think you will make a mistake if you don't pre-order, so they can line their own pockets with commission (or bonus pay for more items pre-sold).

The bottom line is companies make fat, fat, bankroll off of scaring people into thinking they need to give 5-40 bux to hold a game for you. While they gain 30 dollars from you and thousands of others before they even give you a product, they gain thousands of dollars in interest off of you. That's it in a nutshell I believe.
Yeah yeah yeah... and people who get tax refunds have given the IRS & State governments an interest free loan all year. What does it all matter.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:21 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
There is nothing really wrong with pre-ordering an item, but it really doesn't make too much sense to pre-order because;

A.) 9 times out of 10, the product you are pre-ordering will be there the day it is released and you can pick it up without pre-ordering.
B.) When you pre-order a product you give a certain amount of money out of your checking or savings account which can be drawing simple interest for yourself and not for a megacompany (albeit if the pre-order $$ amount is low you wont gain too much off of it).
C.) A lot of the sales reps fill you with a BS weasal line and try to make you think you will make a mistake if you don't pre-order, so they can line their own pockets with commission (or bonus pay for more items pre-sold).

The bottom line is companies make fat, fat, bankroll off of scaring people into thinking they need to give 5-40 bux to hold a game for you. While they gain 30 dollars from you and thousands of others before they even give you a product, they gain thousands of dollars in interest off of you. That's it in a nutshell I believe.
That all seems very intelligent and all but simply put it comes down to this, choice. If a person is considering pre-ordering then they must REALLY want the game. So why should they take a chance of not getting it right away? I really wanted Chromehounds so I pre-ordered it. Didn't make a difference though as the store I pre-ordered didn't get it in yet. So I had to take my cash out and find another store to get it. I may have pre-ordered 2 or 3 times in my life. But this game I put 5 bucks down on it. This is one game I have to have on release.

You say that money can sit in your account making you more money. This is true but the returns are going to be extremely small. You could also wait a couple of days before release and pre-order then also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2007, 08:19 AM   #12
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

OVR: 14

Listen pal don't try and detract from APF's success. The game
will outsell Madden so let the pre-orders keep-a-comin'
Old 02-16-2007, 10:55 AM   #13
All Star

OVR: 17

I dont pre-order much but I see why people do. Hell I almost missed out on NBA 2k7 when it came out, i went the gamestop after work and I got the last copy and they had to look a couple places before they could find it. If they didn't have it, there is a super walmart, best buy, circuit city, and EB games in the area so I would have gotten it some where, just wouldn't feel like fighting rush hour traffic to do so.

I will probably be pre-ordering AP 2k7 this time around just b/c i'm not sure how many units will ship per store.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:03 AM   #14
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

I only pre-order games I HAVE TO HAVE and this game to me is a MUST HAVE!

I remember missing out on Inside Drive 2004 thinking, I live in NY, I have to find it somewhere. It took me a week to find the game because it sold out everywhere (that I was willing to travel to of course).

I pre-ordered 3 things in my gaming life, the Xbox 360, NFL 2K5, and this game.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:05 AM   #15
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Ummm, there is no commission gained by the EB/Gamestop employees for pre-orders.

I like it when people don't pre-order and then walk into the store thinking that they can get a copy of the game and it isn't there. They always have this shock and awe look on their face.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2007, 11:07 AM   #16
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:

While they gain 30 dollars from you and thousands of others before they even give you a product, they gain thousands of dollars in interest off of you. That's it in a nutshell I believe.
Please explain how in the hell EB gains interest off of your pre-order? This I have got to hear.

And they gain thousands of dollars off of people before they even give you the game? How? the money you put down on a pre-order goes to the price of the game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »