Home

Cart before the Horse?

This is a discussion on Cart before the Horse? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2007, 12:08 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Cart before the Horse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Cart before the Horse?
As long as they put the huddle before the snap and the handoff before the TD run, then everything will be copasetic.

Just don't get too excited and play whichever video game floats your boat. That's the answer to all life questions.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:09 PM   #18

OVR: 34

Quote:
I never said that it was 2k's first game ever, nor did I say that Madden was superior to it.
I know what you mean, I'm just looking at 2Ks history.

Of course, they could pull a MLB2K6 and stink up the whole place.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:10 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
One thing i dont think people realize is the vibe here at OS is we like sports gaming, EA and madden are taking heat for other reason than the forums being loaded with 2K favortism.
the 2k praises are because of the products they have been delivering.
I respect that. I like the fact that 2k comes here and answers questions and NBA2k7 and CHPS are the best games I have played in a while. Are the 2k guys going to be coming on here and anwering questions about APF?

I guess alot of people here would buy 2k5 with non licesned players and touched up graphics if it was released and I'm not sure if I would. I have nothing againts enyone hwo would. More power to them. I hope MAdden #s drop.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:10 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu Man Ching
You pretty much sum up what I am thinking. IF any sane peson would come in here and look at some of the non sense people are claiming and thinking about a game that hasn't shown us anything is crazy. I am glad people are excited and all but chill the hell out.

What will you guys do if Madden is the superior game next year? Will you just say your not playing it because it say's Madden on the cover.

I hope Madden gets competition too but this game will not be enough. IT might help EA open their eyes but I doubt that too. This is not bashing anyone hear. I know you are excited but just chill out a little . Please.
We have been waiting and waiting and waiting.Remember when EA showed the first screen shots of madden 06 4 360? I thought damn they steppin it up,but what could 2k have done with this. But you see EA is EA.And I aint gonna continue to wait wait wait for EA to realize. Fu,you bananas
Old 02-16-2007, 12:10 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
You are wrong. I am a huge football fan. I have been playing Madden since the genesis days and played NFL2K5 on the PS2.
Ah ok, then I mixed you up with someone else.

It's all hype though. Madden has went through this same cycle year in and year out and look where it's at. I definately put the cart before the horse with Madden 07 since I stood in line at midnight for the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2007, 12:11 PM   #22
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
I know what you mean, I'm just looking at 2Ks history.

Of course, they could pull a MLB2K6 and stink up the whole place.
but if you look at Madden's history, other than recent history, it should've been a great football game, but here of late it isn't.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-16-2007, 12:14 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
While I do think people can be a little more grounded in their expectations, I don't see anything wrong with the discussions that have been occurring. If the recent Maddenmania moderator articles are an indication, hardcore Madden fans are just as much in denial. There's a lot of frustration out there - EA has undelivered w/Madden & NCAA, period. I think it's great that there's at least a dialog about videogame football - if you look at the Madden forum, it's dead. You look on Maddenmania's general page, and you see a ton of threads that have less than 10 responses in them. You compare that to where we were just before the exclusivity announcements, when there were year-round discussions going on, and it's easy to see why people have such high hopes for this game.

I think there's just a general feeling of appreciation, because again - we're talking about a generic football game generating these types of discussions, and it's not just a few vocal posters repeating things over and over. I think it speaks a lot to the frustration that's been brewing for the past 3-4 years.
most of us should just stop posting and let this spank fella speak for us all.................It has allways puzzled me why people give so much post time to the ones who say stuff like "madden sucks monkey n*ts", while ignoring the legitimate well thought out posts by guys like Spank.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:15 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
but if you look at Madden's history, other than recent history, it should've been a great football game, but here of late it isn't.

thats the point, we are looking at recent history.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »