Home

Cart before the Horse?

This is a discussion on Cart before the Horse? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2007, 11:38 AM   #1
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Cart before the Horse?

Look I understand that most people are excited about the annoucement of APF2K8 coming out this summer. I also know that people are fed up with Madden not fulfilling their expectations, to whatever degree that may be.

But do you guys think that you are putting the cart before the horse?

Since the announcement was made about APF coming out, there has been nothing but one Madden bash after another. People taking every possible jab at it. People pulling articles from obvious Madden friendly websites and just trashing it. People stating that anyone who mentions something positive about Madden is an obvious EA fanboy.

I have also seen people proclaiming this as the greatest football title to ever embrace a console and no one has even seen one screenshot of it, seen one video of it, or let alone played a single down in it. Don't you think that you should see what the game is like, before crowning it the greatest football game of all time?

People are projecting how APF will outsell Madden, how they are pre-ordering multiple copies just to support 2K(fanboyism?) and just speaking in general about how great APF already is, before they have seen anything on it, other than a title and a supposed release date.

Look I know that this thread is going to do nothing more than poor gasoline on the already burning fire, especially when people find out, those who don't know, that I support Madden. BTW I also play the 2k series of games(football and basketball) before I am labeled an EA fanboy.

But I just had to ask. Aren't you putting the cart before the horse?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2007, 11:41 AM   #2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Cart before the Horse?

I agree. I don't consider myself a fanboy of either company. I have given up on Madden but I didn't think 2K5 was that great a game either (I do love NCAA football). Its the first effort for football on next gen for 2K. I think it will have its fair share of issues. I DO think the presentation will kill anything EA has for Madden this year and that's big for me. I'm still waiting on a next gen football game to blow me away. Until then, I'm sticking with my PS2 instead of upgrading to very expensive and over-rated next gen systems imo.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:43 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

You pretty much sum up what I am thinking. IF any sane peson would come in here and look at some of the non sense people are claiming and thinking about a game that hasn't shown us anything is crazy. I am glad people are excited and all but chill the hell out.

What will you guys do if Madden is the superior game next year? Will you just say your not playing it because it say's Madden on the cover.

I hope Madden gets competition too but this game will not be enough. IT might help EA open their eyes but I doubt that too. This is not bashing anyone hear. I know you are excited but just chill out a little . Please.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:46 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I agree. I don't consider myself a fanboy of either company. I have given up on Madden but I didn't think 2K5 was that great a game either (I do love NCAA football). Its the first effort for football on next gen for 2K. I think it will have its fair share of issues. I DO think the presentation will kill anything EA has for Madden this year and that's big for me. I'm still waiting on a next gen football game to blow me away. Until then, I'm sticking with my PS2 instead of upgrading to very expensive and over-rated next gen systems imo.
NCAA o7 on the 360 was pretty good game. I though tit was better than MAdden. Presentation is one thing 2k will bring to the table I have no doubt. APF2k8 will probably be good game and have a lot of interesting ideas. I just don't see it blowing people away. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:46 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Look I understand that most people are excited about the annoucement of APF2K8 coming out this summer. I also know that people are fed up with Madden not fulfilling their expectations, to whatever degree that may be.

Since the announcement was made about APF coming out, there has been nothing but one Madden bash after another. People taking every possible jab at it. People pulling articles from obvious Madden friendly websites and just trashing it. People stating that anyone who mentions something positive about Madden is an obvious EA fanboy.

I have also seen people proclaiming this as the greatest football title to ever embrace a console and no one has even seen one screenshot of it, seen one video of it, or let alone played a single down in it. Don't you think that you should see what the game is like, before crowning it the greatest football game of all time?

People are projecting how APF will outsell Madden, how they are pre-ordering multiple copies just to support 2K(fanboyism?) and just speaking in general about how great APF already is, before they have seen anything on it, other than a title and a supposed release date.

Look I know that this thread is going to do nothing more than poor gasoline on the already burning fire, especially when people find out, those who don't know, that I support Madden. BTW I also play the 2k series of games(football and basketball) before I am labeled an EA fanboy.

i think were are just excited about it picking up where 2k5 left off, which in most of our oppinions was still more advanced than madden next gen. sure you will have some overblow things, but most of what i have read here is pretty grounded.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2007, 11:48 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu Man Ching

What will you guys do if Madden is the superior game next year? Will you just say your not playing it because it say's Madden on the cover.

we would buy it just like we did years ago when it was the best!
Old 02-16-2007, 11:54 AM   #7

OVR: 34

You guys act like this is 2Ks first football game ever. Now I agree about the non-sensible comments that people make in reference to Madden, but it is what it is, Madden on next-gen has been lackluster. You simply can't deny that.

If you look at the progress 2K made with their football franchise, and then the last version of it in NFL 2K5, you can't help but appreciate what they did with that game. It was by no means perfect, but it made excellent progress in representing football.

With All-Pro 2K8, you have a much merited anticipation because 1) Madden hasn't delivered a more than average game and 2) 2K Sports has a solid fanbase that appreciates what they do with football.

Yes, the mindless chatter about how Maddensucks is silly, but make no mistake, All-Pro is going to ruffle some feathers.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:56 AM   #8
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

Wow a PS3 owner and a madden supporter, 2007 is not your year CB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »