Home

Reserved my copy today.

This is a discussion on Reserved my copy today. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2007, 05:18 PM   #9

OVR: 34
Re: Reserved my copy today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
EDIT: Oh, and did you "slap it" when he handed you the receipt?
I didn't slap my receipt, as I feel that is too over the top. But, when I get my hands on that games case...you better believe I'm gonna butter that baby up and....you know.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:42 PM   #10
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
I didn't slap my receipt, as I feel that is too over the top. But, when I get my hands on that games case...you better believe I'm gonna butter that baby up and....you know.
I want videos of you spanking dat APF2K8 azz posted on this forum on the release date of the game...
Old 02-20-2007, 05:52 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
I want videos of you spanking dat APF2K8 azz posted on this forum on the release date of the game...
pervert...

I'm just an innocent guy that's happy to get my hands on a much anticiapted game. Geesh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2007, 06:13 PM   #12
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
Out of principle, I went ahead and reserved my copy at GameStop today. The guy at the counter asked me, "What's up with that game, I see it in the system, but I haven't heard much about it." I had to laugh to myself because I wanted to be able to tell him something. All I mentioned was that it would be somewhat of a continuation of what they did with NFL 2K5, but no license.

He mentioned how he really liked 2K5 and felt Madden has been a bust on next-gen. He also mentioned that that particular store was selling more of NBA 2K7 than NBA Live 07.

It's been a while since I've been in that store, but the one thing I noticed, right away, was the presence EA Sports has there. They have their own counter layout with all their games. They've got game covers throughout the store in different places. 2K's presence is small and almost unnoticed. Is that the norm for these places?
When I reserved mine, the girl was like no Madden and started laughing. Little does she know I will probably get Madden as well.

But your right, 2K is no where to be found at these stores. At this GS I saw NCAA 08 and Madden 08 coming soon covers everywhere and it's only Feb.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:36 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

I hit quite a few malls, and shopping centers in the LA area .ths 1 mall in Santa Monica I ventured in game stop and got into a convo with this guy about fb games. He got all curiuos after I mentioned APF to the counter guy. This young fello ended up reserving a copy right there.If I gotta hype this game all by myself.....
Old 02-20-2007, 07:54 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 4

My local Game Crazy has yet to put APF 2K8 into their system, which tells me any release dates by other places are probably guesses, as is the $59.99 price.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:34 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 5
Icon14 Re: Reserved my copy today.

I went to EB this evening and put my pre-order in for ALL PRO FOOTBALL. When I 1st went to the counter the salesman said. You want to reserve Madden and I said no, I want ALL PRO FOOTBALL. He smiled and said you are the 2nd person this week to reserve it. While he was keying it in the system a guy in line over heard our conversation and said what is that game about. To my surprise the salesman said its going to a much better football game then Madden . I chimed in and said 2K makes much better sports games then EA. When I looked at the XBOX 360 games he had in his hand to purchase I noticed NBA Live. We both said to him that NBA 2K7 was a much better game. He said he heard that too. He quickly put back Live and brought NBA 2K7. Just doing my part one game at a time!!

Last edited by newgen1; 02-20-2007 at 09:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2007, 09:42 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgen1
Just doing my part one game at a time!!
You need to get a costume. 2K Man!!!

When you see something like this happening...head to the back corner of the store, slip off your glasses, pull off your external clothes and do your thing.

2k Man!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »