Home

The Crib

This is a discussion on The Crib within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2007, 08:20 PM   #1
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
The Crib

I'm not going to lie... ESPN NFL Football and ESPN NFL 2K5 made a lot more improvements that weren't just visual or gameplay attached. I loved First Person Football, the V.I.P. system, Weekly Preparation, the 25 greatest moments, etc. One thing that I also loved was The Crib. I see no reason why they won't make a return with it this year.

Granted, I'm not making this thread saying that I want them to upgrade this so much that they're going to disregard the actual game, and I know that this is also a football game as well, but I would love for more customization, as well as more of a free-roaming camera ala NBA 2K6 (I can't speak for NBA 2K7). I loved the achievements and I loved decorating my Crib. The games, T.V., trivia, and jukebox were awesome as well.

Does anybody expect that they'll bring this back? The one reason I can see it might not is because it would lose its authentic value without any NFL teams/players/logos for posters, bobble-heads, furniture, etc. But I think they could use the generic players/teams or legends for this stuff.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2007, 12:36 AM   #2
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The Crib

I enjoyed the Crib and I imagine it will be back in some form.

One thing that did annoy me was the number of unlockables that could only be achieved with very Arcadey play....like beating the CPU by 84 points. That would have been fine for NFL Street, but not a sim. I don't ever want to beat the CPU by that much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »