Home

Maybe they try something like this

This is a discussion on Maybe they try something like this within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2007, 09:36 PM   #9
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Maybe they try something like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeist
You guys who think VC will give you the power to edit things to make it seem like a NFL licensed game are dreaming.
You went out of your way to go into two different threads with the same theme, just to tell the guys that they are "Dreaming"?

You are one sick puppy.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:57 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 4

Dreaming... just like when we held out hope that 2K would do a generic football game?
Old 03-11-2007, 10:00 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
You guys who think VC will give you the power to edit things to make it seem like a NFL licensed game are dreaming. Take 2 doesn't have the money to go up against EA or th NFL in court. They have enough problems with fighting lawsuit for Grand Theft Auto.
dogg, its been done too many times before. its perfectly leagal to allow user created teams, players, etc. the fan sites that give you downloadable NFL teams would be the ones to get in hot water.

thats like saying because I created MJ in NBA2k7, TT will get sued
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2007, 10:30 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
You guys who think VC will give you the power to edit things to make it seem like a NFL licensed game are dreaming. Take 2 doesn't have the money to go up against EA or th NFL in court. They have enough problems with fighting lawsuit for Grand Theft Auto.
Did you seriously post this same comment in two different threads?

Ya, I see what you're saying, that's why EA and FIFA sued Konami when they first created WE/PES...oh wait, that didn't happen...

I do agree that Take 2 has a lot of issues. I think that VC would have to go about customizability in a smart way in order to avoid problems...ie don't include players that have likenesses similar to the NFL, don't include generic logos that are similar to NFL logos, etc. As long as the game doesn't infringe on the license deal out of box or have elements that infringe on the license, then there wouldn't be much basis for a suit.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:50 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejackal25
I think that VC would have to go about customizability in a smart way in order to avoid problems...ie don't include players that have likenesses similar to the NFL, don't include generic logos that are similar to NFL logos, etc. As long as the game doesn't infringe on the license deal out of box or have elements that infringe on the license, then there wouldn't be much basis for a suit.
X-actly!!
Old 03-11-2007, 11:18 PM   #14
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejackal25
I do agree that Take 2 has a lot of issues. I think that VC would have to go about customizability in a smart way in order to avoid problems...ie don't include players that have likenesses similar to the NFL, don't include generic logos that are similar to NFL logos, etc. As long as the game doesn't infringe on the license deal out of box or have elements that infringe on the license, then there wouldn't be much basis for a suit.
isn't that what some are asking for though? Personally I'm surprised the game has gotten this far given the roadblocks EA has placed in their path. I have no idea what direction they've chosen to take this game in, but I'd think it'd be far less of a headache noy to try aping the NFL *just* enough to not create legal issues for themselves.

My feeling is, make the game stand on it's own. Take the Nike Vick/Terrell Owens commercial that EA based their intial next-gen Madden commercial on. Not saying the game will be ANYWHERE near what the commercial was, of course. No one was wondering why they'd be playing along together, worrying about the logos/teams playing. If the focus is on trying to recreate the NFL as closely as they can without getting sued, then it would seem the better route to take would be to have modified the 2k5 engine and make it a PC game. As a console game with no solid base and relying on everybody's own interpretation of what the game should be, it would seem they may as well throw out online and franchise - because there would be no standard to base them on.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »