Home

"Generic never felt so authentic"

This is a discussion on "Generic never felt so authentic" within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2007, 12:32 PM   #1
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53
"Generic never felt so authentic"

This line just popped in my head last night while dozing off...dunno why, I wasn't even thinking about the game, was actually watching Conan...

What are some other lines/slogans that might work as a for this game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Mo is the Operator from the Matrix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2007, 01:29 PM   #2
Rookie

mesyes25's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: "Generic never felt so authentic"

THe Authentic Next Gen Eperience
Old 04-07-2007, 02:06 PM   #3
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

I don't know about slogans, but a good idea for a commercial would be to do a parody of how, in taste tests, no name brands are chosen more often than the big names, whether it comes to cola, chips etc.

Have people do a taste test of soft drinks and stuff and then have them do "taste tests" of Madden and All-Pro, but actually have them bite the boxes of the games. Make it all corny-like, have the people that taste Madden say "taste's so stale, like it's been sitting around for 16 years" with a sour look on the person's face.

Just an idea...
Old 04-07-2007, 02:15 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
I don't know about slogans, but a good idea for a commercial would be to do a parody of how, in taste tests, no name brands are chosen more often than the big names, whether it comes to cola, chips etc.

Have people do a taste test of soft drinks and stuff and then have them do "taste tests" of Madden and All-Pro, but actually have them bite the boxes of the games. Make it all corny-like, have the people that taste Madden say "taste's so stale, like it's been sitting around for 16 years" with a sour look on the person's face.

Just an idea...

Very cool! and you're right, it's super corny! But it'd get the point across and be comical.
I just hope they're creative with the promo.

The unexamined life is not worth living...
Old 04-07-2007, 02:23 PM   #5
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Make it all corny-like, have the people that taste Madden say "taste's so stale, like it's been sitting around for 16 years" with a sour look on the person's face.

Just an idea...
Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Mo is the Operator from the Matrix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2007, 02:26 PM   #6
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M. Son
Very cool! and you're right, it's super corny! But it'd get the point across and be comical.
I just hope they're creative with the promo.
Comical commercials really have a larger effect on consumers. Look at the iMac vs. PC commercials. Pure genius. Pretty good comparison too, because like the iMac, APF will be the better product but because people don't like change, they stick with the inferior product.

Though the iMac commercials have quickly changed that...
Old 04-07-2007, 02:27 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Make it all corny-like, have the people that taste Madden say "taste's so stale, like it's been sitting around for 16 years" with a sour look on the person's face.
Funny ish....
Old 04-07-2007, 02:50 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
then have them do "taste tests" of Madden and All-Pro, but actually have them bite the boxes of the games. Make it all corny-like, have the people that taste Madden say "taste's so stale, like it's been sitting around for 16 years" with a sour look on the person's face.
funny, but i cant see any competitor actively antagonizing madden. that's like poking a sleeping bear/throwing rocks @ a hornet's nest.

clearly 2K could make much better/more effective/convincing arguments via advertising, but it's not a courtroom where each side gets equal chance to impact the jury... not a level playing field: madden will always have more counter punch in the form of advertising dollars. plus, there arent even that many TV spots run for videogames, so anyone who airs even one clever idea is probably investing heavily. they run the risk of being sacked w/ several opposing ads in return... or different media countering: any promotional things like that stupid "madden competition" in times square on ESPN, the owning of entire walls in retail stores, madden buttons for all employees, more game magazine covers than 2k can ralley. plus, that doesnt even consider the airtime factor for any ad or ads they do actually run on TV: no matter how clever a madden-critical ad is, EA could always just air the opposition constantly ie "this is our country" (ugh).

i like to compare it to facing any david-goliath situation: the underdog should just quietly hang around (...I picture 2k highstepping/tiptoeing carefully like a cat burgler around EA). no need to make any big motions. just lay low until the end & keep it close. you dont wanna piss off any Tiger/Federer/etc & make them feel like they have to bring their best.

Last edited by puja21; 04-07-2007 at 02:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »