Home

NFL 2k5/UPDATED HD PICS VS. MADDEN NFL 07 (360) HD

This is a discussion on NFL 2k5/UPDATED HD PICS VS. MADDEN NFL 07 (360) HD within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2007, 12:44 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NFL 2k5/UPDATED HD PICS VS. MADDEN NFL 07 (360) HD

As much as I love NFL 2K5, It graphically cannot compare to Madden 07. SORRY. NFL 2K5 1st off wasn't even HD. It was developed in 480p compared to Madden 07 which was developed in 720p.. No upscaled image will look as good as an HD Image. None.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2007, 01:39 PM   #26
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
As much as I love NFL 2K5, It graphically cannot compare to Madden 07. SORRY. NFL 2K5 1st off wasn't even HD. It was developed in 480p compared to Madden 07 which was developed in 720p.. No upscaled image will look as good as an HD Image. None.
Crappy graphics will be crappy whether they are in high definition or not. I'm not saying Madden's graphics are crappy but people make it seem like high definition cures everything.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 05-31-2007, 02:04 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Crappy graphics will be crappy whether they are in high definition or not. I'm not saying Madden's graphics are crappy but people make it seem like high definition cures everything.
I agree with your post, but HD does make a difference. In some games a BIG-DIFFERENCE.

MLB 2K7 360:

NBA 2K7 360

R6 Vegas 360

Old 05-31-2007, 03:08 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
I agree with your post, but HD does make a difference. In some games a BIG-DIFFERENCE.
One big thing that's hurt this new generation is the reliance on HDTV. The graphics look good on non HD (and I argue that a number of non HD tubes look better than HD LCD's and others), but in order to get the full effect you have to have HD. Unfortunately, that means more money and for many people it just isn't feasible. It was something that was bound to happen, but it's still an issue for many.

I still say that the console makers should have held onto everything for another year or two. I don't believe they were ready and the evidence is in the hardware problems and lack of games. Microsoft, for example, claims that their defect rate for the 360 is at a normal level, but there are just too many things pointing to the contrary.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:13 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
You don't know the power of HD then.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:33 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 9

Madden does look better overall largely because of the details in the characters, but it's not really fair to compare it with a game that came out two years prior and was running on a far less powerful machine. I do like 2k5's player models though. Madden's player models always looked too big and hunched over, kinda like roided up ninja turtles. 2k5's players were a little on the skinny side, but I felt it at least looked a little more natural. I think that ideally, player models should be somewhere between 2k5 and Madden cuz both don't quite have the right proportions for real football players.

Screenshots are one thing, but putting these games head to head in a video comparison is another. I think 2k5 actually beats Madden when in motion because of Madden's sluggish framerate, awkward player interaction, and the fact that it seems to have less varied animations, especially in the tackling department.

The fact that 2k5 can beat Madden 07 in anything is a shame.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:28 PM   #31
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB16
One big thing that's hurt this new generation is the reliance on HDTV. The graphics look good on non HD (and I argue that a number of non HD tubes look better than HD LCD's and others), but in order to get the full effect you have to have HD.
How does it hurt this generation?? Hd is the future of television programming ,viewing and gaming.
So for the folks that have an hd set,they should have to wait till more folks have an hd set? because of reliance issues??

I would also love for you to point out a non hd set that looks better than a hd set running 720,1080i or 1080p.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2007, 04:40 PM   #32

OVR: 34

Quote:

MLB 2K7 360:

NBA 2K7 360

R6 Vegas 360

Joe, what TV is that?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »