Home

NFL2K Continuation

This is a discussion on NFL2K Continuation within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2007, 09:29 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: NFL2K Continuation

Quote:
Originally Posted by arseniotall
I think on the field of course all pro plays a better game than 2k5. All the bugs have been ironed out. But its still close to a wash when you throw in legends and generics as opposed to current players. But yea APF is plays a better game of "football"
In addition, the mo cap and animations are superb!!!!
Old 08-08-2007, 11:24 AM   #18
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

OVR: 6

ARRRRGGGHHH...I ordered an AR a week and a half ago, was expecting it yesterday or TODAY, and just got an email from Amazon about a refund. Apparently it was destroyed by USPS...or so the misspelled note by the seller told me.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:36 PM   #19
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Icon12 Re: NFL2K Continuation

Just got to watch a demo over at Game Stop for a while. I can see where some of the bugs, especially DB AI, have been worked out of this, but it still doesn't seem to be using the power of next gen fully. I was surprised how skinny some of the players looked. I think I would have been somewhat disappointed laying $60 down for this game. They're definitely going to need the NFL license or at least get to the point of being fully customizeable. The word would spread fast that if the game could be converted, it would sell (a la Winning Eleven and MVP 05). They should've gone PC with this.

(oops.....sorry about the little winky icony thing there....accidental)
Old 08-08-2007, 03:53 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Just got to watch a demo over at Game Stop for a while. I can see where some of the bugs, especially DB AI, have been worked out of this, but it still doesn't seem to be using the power of next gen fully. I was surprised how skinny some of the players looked. I think I would have been somewhat disappointed laying $60 down for this game. They're definitely going to need the NFL license or at least get to the point of being fully customizeable. The word would spread fast that if the game could be converted, it would sell (a la Winning Eleven and MVP 05). They should've gone PC with this.

(oops.....sorry about the little winky icony thing there....accidental)
I felt exactly like that man when in the first week of playing APF 2K8. Was it really worth it I said to myself. I kept playing, adjusted to the slightly different gameplay, and then all of a sudden dude, it started to shine. From the head tracking, to all the new animations(esp. QB), to the much needed enhancement of the atmostphere - it all started to sink in. I dunno daflyboys have you seen some of those youtube APF 2K8 videos that people have been putting up? Still, I hope 2K5 will at some point become BC. Or I could buy an xbox, AR, and 2k5 for less than a 100 bucks

Something tells me APF 2K9 is gonna dominate next year. Your right. Full customization, true next gen graphics, and just more modes could work wonders with next years game. Hopefully.........

Last edited by SoCal-Phenom; 08-08-2007 at 03:56 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:33 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Ok....then considering single season v. single season, why do you think APF is more enjoyable than 2K5 (not counting duplicate players)?
I think if you get past the on field aspect (in which APF completely trounces 2k5), 2k5 has a much better single season campaign. First of all the weekly prep is a very good feature. It wasn't perfect, but it added a very interesting element to gameplanning. I'm surprised it wasn't implemented into APF. Imagine if you could have used the weekly prep to possibly give Legends an updated ability, like having Christian Okoye spend extra time working out his arms for several weeks so he can get the Arm of Steel ability. It would add a balancing act to the game. If you work out your players hard you might be able to get new abilities for them which will increase your success during the season, but you also run the risk of them getting injured in game or having them fatigued for a game.

Secondly, 2k5 has a better single season campaign because of the weekly wrap up show. This feature brought presentation to a whole different level...it was so cool to see highlights around the league and be caught up to speed on all the week's past games.

APF definitely has the best gameplay in any football game to date, but I'll agree with those that say 2k5 sets the bar for football gaming in many ways. Once the NFL season starts or if APF grows a little stale, I might play some 2k5 again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2007, 12:08 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 1

Has Sega sports even announced or hinted at releasing a newer version of AP2K8 for next year? As far as I know, they haven't and besides that, I am not even sure if I would buy it? I mean, I was one of those people that shelled-out over $60 for there product (if you include sales tax) and I wasn't at all impressed. Quite frankly, I thought they could do a lot better and wished they would have; I was left dissapointed. If what I have to look forward to for next year is anything like this year's version, I'm not giving 2K Sports any more of my hard earned money! They really soured me by putting out crap like that. I almost rate them in the same category as EA Sports. The only thing saving 2K Sports with me is the fact that I bought and own NFL 2K5! Go back to the drawing board VC and 2K! (Hint: you won't have to look far if you just overhaul and upgrade 2K5?) PS. I just checked out your new NBA game....now why can't you get your next football release to look like that? If you can do it with basketball...why not football too?

Last edited by cimbus; 08-09-2007 at 12:10 AM. Reason: adding more text.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:55 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimbus
Has Sega sports even announced or hinted at releasing a newer version of AP2K8 for next year?
Actually they stated that IF succesful APF2K could become a biannual series.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »