Home

NFL2K Continuation

This is a discussion on NFL2K Continuation within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2007, 10:47 PM   #1
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Question NFL2K Continuation

With 2K having another football game, will their still be people who play and update 2K5's roster and make them available for download?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2007, 11:10 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NFL2K Continuation

i'll still be playing, maybe both.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:40 AM   #3
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Look at some of the recent threads around here. That should sum things up for ya!
Old 08-01-2007, 08:50 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

I am sort of along with this one. I don't even have an Xbox360 but I know someone that does and I really bought into the hype that 2K Sports put out about its new release AP2K8. Enough so, that I even purchased the game with the thought I would eventually upgrade to a 360 so that I would be able to play it. I wasn't impressed! In fact, I think ESPN 2K5 is still so much superior to AP2K8 in so many ways. To me, the game looked like a rip-off of Madden. And Dan Stevens and Peter Okeef said the same old crap they've been saying in ESPN NFL 2K5; nothing new. Not to mention the players looked awful! Dan Marino looked nothing like Dan Marino and that was a major disappointment to me when trying to play with this guy in the game. I will credit 2K Sports in that the way the player responded was a lot like Dan. There were some glitches in the game when the QB took forever to throw the ball and in some cases didn't even throw it! The game could of been so much better and the fact that there is no franchise mode in the game really irks me. I am ready to get back on the old original Xbox and go back to playing 2K5! Maybe Bungie's Halo3 will convince me to buy the 360...who knows? But I am curious to know if people will keep putting out roster updates of this upcoming NFL season for 2K5? If so, where and when can I get them? Somebody please email me or post a reply to this message to let me know. I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance. Send reply to [email protected].
Old 08-01-2007, 09:08 PM   #5
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

OVR: 6

I just ordered an AR after playing Madden 06 and NCAA 07 and am not ready to make the jump to next-gen. I can't wait to get my hands on the AR and updated rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2007, 09:43 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

The only "next gen" system I have is the Wii, and I don't plan on buying Madden for it. THat means I'll be sticking with 2k5 for my NFL fix for at least 1 more year.

I played a game as the 96 Packers against the 86 Browns last night. All the APF talk has em excited about football, and classic teams in general. I think 2k5 still looks incredible. There are so many little things that it does right. I will likely play with a roster full of classic teams in one season, and use updated rosters to also play out a current NFL season. This game just never gets old to me.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:20 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimbus
I am sort of along with this one. I don't even have an Xbox360 but I know someone that does and I really bought into the hype that 2K Sports put out about its new release AP2K8. Enough so, that I even purchased the game with the thought I would eventually upgrade to a 360 so that I would be able to play it. I wasn't impressed! In fact, I think ESPN 2K5 is still so much superior to AP2K8 in so many ways. To me, the game looked like a rip-off of Madden. And Dan Stevens and Peter Okeef said the same old crap they've been saying in ESPN NFL 2K5; nothing new. Not to mention the players looked awful! Dan Marino looked nothing like Dan Marino and that was a major disappointment to me when trying to play with this guy in the game. I will credit 2K Sports in that the way the player responded was a lot like Dan. There were some glitches in the game when the QB took forever to throw the ball and in some cases didn't even throw it! The game could of been so much better and the fact that there is no franchise mode in the game really irks me. I am ready to get back on the old original Xbox and go back to playing 2K5! Maybe Bungie's Halo3 will convince me to buy the 360...who knows? But I am curious to know if people will keep putting out roster updates of this upcoming NFL season for 2K5? If so, where and when can I get them? Somebody please email me or post a reply to this message to let me know. I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance. Send reply to [email protected].
TOTALLY AGREED. 2k5 is hands down better than APF. I think people around here just are too hyped up that 2k football is back on next gen and cant take their rose colored glasses off. Im still playing the daylights out of 2k5. Imagine if EA released a game where most of your linebackers had the same number, you played against teams that had the same players as you..there is only one season mode...it be trash city.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:50 PM   #8
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by arseniotall
TOTALLY AGREED. 2k5 is hands down better than APF. I think people around here just are too hyped up that 2k football is back on next gen and cant take their rose colored glasses off. Im still playing the daylights out of 2k5. Imagine if EA released a game where most of your linebackers had the same number, you played against teams that had the same players as you..there is only one season mode...it be trash city.
Well I've never been a fan of duplicate players in any sports game and I'm actually a single season guy myself. But, those things aside, do you really think that 2K5 plays better than APF?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »