Home

The legends game using 2k5

This is a discussion on The legends game using 2k5 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 06-20-2007, 03:24 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
The legends game using 2k5

Last year I created a roster set using historic teams for every franchise. I never expected to be using it much once I heard 2k was coming out with APF, but the more I hear, the more I'm sure I'll hold off on a 360 or PS3 and APF and stick with the "legacy" systems a little while longer.

Based on what I'm reading about APF, I think 2k5 offers up a better legends experience than APF will. I can play a season with nothing but classic teams. Generic players need not apply. Since 2k5 is an NFL licensed game, I can also play out my games as real NFL teams. It's been a blast the past few days playing as the '81 Chargers in those retro powder blue unis.

The roster set can be found here: Old School roster set

***Many thanks to Capa for editing the classic teams, and FlyingFinn for creating an editor that made this possible. ***
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2007, 07:41 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: The legends game using 2k5

Agreed 100%!!

You know what would be cool...if there could be a few different roster sets using the classic teams. Like maybe a 1950's-1960's set, and 1970's-1980's, and a 1990-2000's set. Then take the SB winner of each "league" and pit them against each other to find a final champion for all seasons.

Would take a lot of work to import the teams and get the depth charts correct, but would be a blast. Not even sure there are enough teams to represent each franchise in each decade, but that can be rectified...

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »