Home

Playing defensive lineman too easy?

This is a discussion on Playing defensive lineman too easy? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2007, 07:23 PM   #1
BPK
Rookie

OVR: 2
Playing defensive lineman too easy?

I'm using C-Bus' sliders and actually losing quite a bit. The one area, however, that troubles me is the defensive line. Whenever I take control of a relatively good player on my line I can absolutely dominate....it's not even skill to be honest since when you go to the replay the CPU offensive lineman almost just stands there and I go flying right by him for an easy sack. The problem is that when I decide to play only as a DB or LB my guys up front get absolutely no pressure and I'm screwed as the QB has an eternity to throw. Any suggestions on what you guy do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2007, 08:43 PM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Playing defensive lineman too easy?

Yes. This has been a well known fact of the game almost since it's release. Online it's a cheeser's delight. For offline, if you really MUST play d-line, then I would suggest don't use the turbo at all. Also, maybe allow yourself only one escape move per play. Also, I really like playing single player control throughout one particular play (i.e., don't switch regardless of what kind of play the cpu throws at you). Again, the goal is to make the game challenging, but not impossible....and also not to exploit the glitch.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:26 PM   #3
BPK
Rookie

OVR: 2
Smile Re: Playing defensive lineman too easy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Yes. This has been a well known fact of the game almost since it's release. Online it's a cheeser's delight. For offline, if you really MUST play d-line, then I would suggest don't use the turbo at all. Also, maybe allow yourself only one escape move per play. Also, I really like playing single player control throughout one particular play (i.e., don't switch regardless of what kind of play the cpu throws at you). Again, the goal is to make the game challenging, but not impossible....and also not to exploit the glitch.
Hmm this is good advice but when I don't tap the swim move or turbo i can never get any pressure on the QB. I'm playing with a DT that's an overall 92 and he just gets totally blocked on every play. I should note that I'm using your sliders. Any other advice?
Old 06-26-2007, 04:20 PM   #4
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Try turning the cpu blocking slider down a few clicks at a time so as you can have reasonable success but not at the expense of the cpu have realistic rushing stats over the course of several games. Maybe allow multiple escape moves without the turbo?
Old 06-26-2007, 04:20 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

My biggest complaint so far is still the fact that the kicking is so completely inaccurate.

I just had a GREAT 70 some yard drive end with a missed 39 yard field goal by David Akers. He's pretty much automatic within 40 yards, so I don't understand why 2k5's kicking game is so awful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2007, 04:22 PM   #6
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_max
My biggest complaint so far is still the fact that the kicking is so completely inaccurate.

I just had a GREAT 70 some yard drive end with a missed 39 yard field goal by David Akers. He's pretty much automatic within 40 yards, so I don't understand why 2k5's kicking game is so awful.
Most like it......change the slider to your liking. That's one of the great features of the game.... sensitivity to most sliders.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:41 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Both kicking sliders are at 40, what else can I do?

I play coach mode, so I'm not actually doing any of the kicking myself, just sort of sucks to orchestrate a great drive downfield then throw it all away with a missed field that would Akers would generally make 99% of the time. But it seems to happen multiple times a game if too many drives are stalling within field goal range.

I'm not sure if there's anything else I can adjust to fix it, I've tried anything I could think of.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:35 PM   #8
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Take the kickers into Finn's editor or just edit the individual kickers you think should be more accurate. For 2K4, they were too accurate and had to dumb down accuracy significantly. The only way they would miss is to be short.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »