Home

Best 2k5 Element

This is a discussion on Best 2k5 Element within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2007, 08:13 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 31
Best 2k5 Element

I played the crap out of 2k5 on Xbox (sole reason I bought it) for 2 years. I played through almost 4 years of the franchise mode (big deal for me because I am a constant tweaker of rosters and things of that sort)

The element that I enjoyed from 2k5 was that during franchise mode every week of the season was a challenge. I struggled to go 8-8 and every game had a different feel to it. Sometimes teams ran the ball down my throat, other times I got scorched through the air. Either way each game I played I felt a true battle of strategy. Some teams could really stop the run and I was forced to win through the air other times I controlled the clock but couldn't quite punch it in at the end of a drive. Every game was different and unique through the season.

The way a season evolved and unto the next with franchise mode was amazing. I remember I had a safety who had 11 INT's who I lost during the offseason along with my highest rated corner. In the draft I went offense despite these loses. Well during that season my DB's were terrible and my defense suffered. I made sure the following year I bolstered my DB's and I actually made the playoffs with a 6 game turnaround.

Anyways that is what I remember the most about 2k5 playing through the franchise with players who really made a difference in the way my team succeeded or failed. I hope to get this experience again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2007, 08:22 AM   #2
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Best 2k5 Element

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcain
I played the crap out of 2k5 on Xbox (sole reason I bought it) for 2 years. I played through almost 4 years of the franchise mode (big deal for me because I am a constant tweaker of rosters and things of that sort)

The element that I enjoyed from 2k5 was that during franchise mode every week of the season was a challenge. I struggled to go 8-8 and every game had a different feel to it. Sometimes teams ran the ball down my throat, other times I got scorched through the air. Either way each game I played I felt a true battle of strategy. Some teams could really stop the run and I was forced to win through the air other times I controlled the clock but couldn't quite punch it in at the end of a drive. Every game was different and unique through the season.

The way a season evolved and unto the next with franchise mode was amazing. I remember I had a safety who had 11 INT's who I lost during the offseason along with my highest rated corner. In the draft I went offense despite these loses. Well during that season my DB's were terrible and my defense suffered. I made sure the following year I bolstered my DB's and I actually made the playoffs with a 6 game turnaround.

Anyways that is what I remember the most about 2k5 playing through the franchise with players who really made a difference in the way my team succeeded or failed. I hope to get this experience again.
I'd have to say the physics based tackling system. Even though I wasn't in love with this feature I thought it was pretty cool.....1st person football.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:05 PM   #3
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Flexibility/responsiveness of the attributes and sliders. Without these, the game would just be vanilla. These make it open to hone to each player's tastes. But I agree with our comments jrcain, each week is unique and makes the replay value the highest. One week your QB can look like he's sewn up a spot on the Pro Bowl team, the next....you're ready to cut him!
Old 07-07-2007, 10:20 PM   #4
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Hopefully I won't appear to be too superficial, but I liked the little touches. The halftime, postgame and weekly wrap-up shows. Tons of retro and alternate unis. Great animiations. The game log and ability to go back and view any reply.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »