Home

this angers me a bit.

This is a discussion on this angers me a bit. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-13-2007, 08:15 AM   #1
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
this angers me a bit.

how long have we asked for ESPN NFL 2k5 to be backward compatible on the 360. Well they made a 2k5 game backward compatible just not the one we wanted. but this to me proves that they can do it, they just WONT do it.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/back...ygameslist.htm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2007, 08:46 AM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: this angers me a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
how long have we asked for ESPN NFL 2k5 to be backward compatible on the 360. Well they made a 2k5 game backward compatible just not the one we wanted. but this to me proves that they can do it, they just WONT do it.

LOL....FOR THE LAST TIME. Its not MS's fault. Its 2k. 2k decided to not help out with the BC for this game because they cant sell it anymore. Also, comparing NHL 2k5 to NFL 2k5 is ridiculous.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:49 AM   #3
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782

Why didn't you keep your xbox? No one knew which games would work on the 360 and there was no announcement about 2k5 at the time.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 07-13-2007, 09:04 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Why didn't you keep your xbox?
Or just buy another. They're dirt cheap. And a heck of a lot cheaper than anger management therapy BTW
Old 07-13-2007, 12:27 PM   #5
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
LOL....FOR THE LAST TIME. Its not MS's fault. Its 2k. 2k decided to not help out with the BC for this game because they cant sell it anymore. Also, comparing NHL 2k5 to NFL 2k5 is ridiculous.
that's stupid on their part. The whole point of backwards compatibility is so gamers can keep playing the games they already put their money into. 2k5 is a great deal used, since it sells for like 1.99 at ebgames now.

It's nice to know that 2k cares about people enjoying their games so much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2007, 03:31 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
that's stupid on their part. The whole point of backwards compatibility is so gamers can keep playing the games they already put their money into.
stupid from your POV, but this was definitely a calculated business decision: some analyst/consultant has determined (most likely via projections, sales history, statistical models etc) that the cost of working to make this BC exceeds any financial loss from "unhappy customers"

yeah a lot of people play 2K5 compared to other old football games but we are still a very small sample of their overall sales pool-- furthermore, many of us (like me, jmood, baa etc) just use XBox1 & don't care one way or the other about BC. Then there are still those 2K5 players who are actually upset about no BC, but this still has no impact on their future 2K5 buying habits.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »