Home

Good line from Dan Stevens

This is a discussion on Good line from Dan Stevens within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2007, 09:38 PM   #1
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Good line from Dan Stevens

I am not the biggest fans of Dan & Peter, but they did make me laugh the other day. I was surprised that I had never heard this line in 200+ games of playing (although I don't always have the volume up).

Anyways, after a completed pass, Peter says something to the effect of "That was terrible coverage. Even with the added weight I am carrying, I could have done a better job than that." Dan then laughed for several seconds and replies "Oh Peter, he would have smoked you".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2007, 11:24 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Good line from Dan Stevens

Yea that was one of the few funny things I have heard by commenting in any game. It was pretty funny the first time I heard it.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:49 PM   #3
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

There was a really random yet funny line I once heard from Peter when I got sacked. Now, believe me when I say that I don't have this quote down verbatim... or maybe even half of the quote right. But it was something to this effect:

"You know, football is a great sport where you get everything: the beautiful skies, the green grass... THE THREE HUNDRED POUND LINEMAN COMING AT YOU FOR THE BONE JARRING SMASH!!! Ohh yeah... you can't coach that."

Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 07-16-2007, 12:41 AM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I am not the biggest fans of Dan & Peter, but they did make me laugh the other day. I was surprised that I had never heard this line in 200+ games of playing (although I don't always have the volume up).

Anyways, after a completed pass, Peter says something to the effect of "That was terrible coverage. Even with the added weight I am carrying, I could have done a better job than that." Dan then laughed for several seconds and replies "Oh Peter, he would have smoked you".
"He woulda smoked you like a salmon!" Liked that line as well.

Another one I liked, as far as I know it was only in NFL2K3, but after a first-down completion:

Stevens: "And a first down through the air, the quarterback and the receiver looked really in sync on that play."

O'Keefe: "...they looked more like backstreet boys to me, actually."

And of course, any instance of "You can't coach that!"
Old 07-20-2007, 11:34 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

I too have played over 200 plus games and never heard and still dont know exactly what was said , I was so excited about the touchdown that I only caught the end of it . It was something with the words "heaven in your eyes". its hard to believe that in all the playtime I still havent heard all the comentary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2007, 11:56 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've heard the smoked you like a salmon line like 10,000 times in the hundreds of games I've played.

I love the commentating for the 2K Football games, You just can't Coach that!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »