Home

Action Replay Question

This is a discussion on Action Replay Question within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2007, 11:48 AM   #25
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Action Replay Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
weird-- mine & every one i have seen does plug straight in... ie it IS usb
yeah, I think what they may have there is wrong...why would the cradle don't have the cable already attached to it. This box is exactly as the same box as the one I am going to buy and you can see the cable coming out of it:

http://www.goldenshop.com.hk/AI-trad...tionreplay.jpg

Should I just go ahead and buy it? I mean a usb cable is like 3 bucks right? I probably have one laying around somewhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2007, 01:15 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTesh
Should I just go ahead and buy it? I mean a usb cable is like 3 bucks right? I probably have one laying around somewhere.
It's not a standard USB cable. The card holder is attached to one end.

You take your chances when you don't order things from a manufacturer or a reputable dealer. Just spend the extra bucks and get it from a place you can trust. Not worth it otherwise.

Last edited by baa7; 07-29-2007 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:32 PM   #27
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
It's not a standard USB cable. The card holder is attached to one end.

You take your chances when you don't order things from a manufacturer or a reputable dealer. Just spend the extra bucks and get it from a place you can trust. Not worth it otherwise.
So do you think it may be better to go with this from Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/Intec-DUS0031-...=operasport-20

Check the picture to make sure everything I need is there. The way that other site reads, it just comes with the cradle and not cable to plug it into the PC.

I really don't want to get this and find out I gotta get something else.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:01 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
So do you think it may be better to go with this from Amazon?

I really don't want to get this and find out I gotta get something else.
Yeah, I don't get what's up with the one site's description. Makes no sense at all. The card reader/USB cord is standard with AR. Might be they just got the description wrong.

Amazon works. I see Codejunkies has AR for $29:

http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/produ...2.x=22&go2.y=9

Last edited by baa7; 07-29-2007 at 04:04 PM.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:12 PM   #29
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

Well, I ordered it. I went with the Amazon one for $20. The ETA is August 4-9...I am getting married the 11th. I hope it comes sooner rather than later.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:51 AM   #30
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Well, I ordered it. I went with the Amazon one for $20. The ETA is August 4-9...I am getting married the 11th. I hope it comes sooner rather than later.
Hope you get it before you get married because after, your gaming days are over.

I kid! I kid!

I am married by the way....so I am allowed to joke about this. While I still game as much as I can, work and kids and responsibilities do make it hard.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:16 PM   #31
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

I GOT ONE!

After searching for one in MD and failing, after ordering one online, waiting a week and half, then finding out USPS destroyed it (so the company said), I looked up the nearest Gamestops. After calling 21 of them, I located one about 45 minutes away and got it for 20 bucks.

Upon coming home, I fire up the fiancee's laptop (I am at my parents home in PA for my wedding Saturday) and the battery dies. Why not plug it into an outlet you ask? I would, if it wasn't sitting at my fiancee's brothers place in NYC. Unfortunately my parents PC is a dinosaur and doesn't have USB ports. Looks like no new rosters for me until Monday at the earliest. I'm still pumped I got it though.

Quick general question I found though before I got to tinker with it. When you download a roster file, it is zipped. What exactly do you have to extract? Sometimes there are multiple files and I don't know which, if not all of them, are important.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2007, 12:11 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 20

you dont extract anything-- just drag the entire zip archive right into the left part of the AR interface & it will copy (left= your memory card, middle= harddrive saves, right= codejunkies website downloads)

IIRC, when dragging something OFF your memory card, AR forces you to drag it to the middle section (eg you cant drag it directly to your desktop or another folder right off the bat). you can drag a gamesave from anywhere on your computer ON TO your memory card using AR though. BTW the middle interface is just an integrated shortcut "C:/Program Files/Action Replay Xbox/Gamesaves" by default (or whatever parent directory you installed it to)

^I keep a separate backup folder of saves elsewhere for obvious reasons. Also, you may want to delete the existing files in that folder that come w/ installation.. it's just 100s of saves for pretty much every xbox game. deleting them makes it much easier to find & copy your own files

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »