Home

bought Madden 08 and realized...

This is a discussion on bought Madden 08 and realized... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2007, 09:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
bought Madden 08 and realized...

Bought Madden 08 360, for the first time in 5 years. Saw some gameplay vids and thought it looked better than the previous ones. I have played five games and I don't think I'll make it to my sixth.

But I was sitting on my couch, watching tv, and noticed 2k5 on the shelf. So remembering how much fun this game was, I hooked up my xbox and played a couple games.

I am now going all out to update 2k5. Bought component cable for my xbox, to hook it up HD set. Bought Action replay to get some updated rosters. I think I'll be set soon to play an updated 2k5.

Just sayin'
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2007, 09:52 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: bought Madden 08 and realized...

Seriously, 2K5 is stilll the best football game out there overall IMO. I've got Madden rented for the week, but I didn't touch it today. Played 2K5 for 2 hours.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:03 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

my fav game to date. Presentation and Sports Center add to the game so much. Pretty sad that the presentation isn't better on the newer games.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:08 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Presentation kills madden. That, and the turnover bug. But why bother with snatching up espn if it isn't going to be utilized?
2k5 is nice. Just have to get updated rosters, and I think i'll be fine with that.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:14 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooz123
Presentation kills madden.
Shut the radio guy off and crank up the PA announcer. Huge improvement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2007, 11:09 PM   #6
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I have been playing 2K5 for the last few years. But last month I finally got a 360 and decided it was time for a new pro football game.

I was real excited about 2K8 when first announced. But that took a big hit when we learned we couldn't recreate the NFL. Niether Legends nor engineering a team really float my boat....Not for $60 anyways.

I was also considering Madden, but even the Maddenites seem luke warm on it this year. I did get NCAA, and I like it, but there are some issues....that I don't want to have to deal with in the NFL game as well.

Then I started to think about 2K5. It has so many of the things people are begging for from the next gen. Atmosphere, Presentation, Uniforms, the NFL License. Not to mention Sliders that already suit my skill level and I don't have to shell out more cash.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:14 PM   #7
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

I got my AR today and quickly raced home to get new rosters on 2K5. I just finished my first game with daflyboys slider tweaks and preseason roster, plus his sliders; best game of football I've ever played. It was as close to perfect as it could get. I'm so excited for the final rosters to come out and start a franchise.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:21 AM   #8
Pro

Dino's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Shut the radio guy off and crank up the PA announcer. Huge improvement.
I go one further and turn even the PA announcer off. He gets annoying when every other play he says, "Okay fans, Let's hear it for your Defense!" No originality, same as last yrs PA announcer. Total BS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »