Home

A Question About What I Will Need to Get the Game Up and Rolling Again?

This is a discussion on A Question About What I Will Need to Get the Game Up and Rolling Again? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-20-2007, 01:19 PM   #9
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: A Question About What I Will Need to Get the Game Up and Rolling Again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncos24
thanks

because were really interested.
Hey now, I'm not saying I'm glued to the screen, however I will check back to see if he needs help on anything that I could answer. No need to be just plain rude.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:20 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

I got my HD cables very fast. I won the bid for 2 S type controllers FIRST. And I still had a two day wait on the Action Replay system. I was worried that my Action Replay would come to late. Late meaning a week into the first week of football. However, it came yesterday, which suprised me. my controllers should have came first. Anyhow, I went through step by step instructions that were in the book.
1- Install the Action Replay disc.
2- Put the device in a free U.S.B. port.
3- They instructions also said that I should get to prompts before going to the home page? I NEVER GOT THEM! Do I have to down load the Action Replay again to get Finn's edited rosters downloaded correctly? Or will it work with out being formated? ( so to speak )

A question about downloading Finns Roster......................?????????????????

I have never used Action Replay..................Nor have I ever tried to locate where Mr. Finn is on the net. Will Finn have his final roster update with only one week to go in pre-season football?
Once I get to Finn how and which way to get the correct information?
And once I downloaded the correct stuff onto the memory card, I take it that I take the memory card upstairs, turn on the football, insert the memory card into the controller, and then update with Finns NEW roster download?
I have heard some horror stories where people were getting there information from other people. And people were missing names, heads, their yardage information was through the roof. All kinds of terrible things. I don not want to get that " bad " roster download from anyone. I would like it to be correct and as painless as possible.

Thanks for your input.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:53 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUglyOrgan
Hey now, I'm not saying I'm glued to the screen, however I will check back to see if he needs help on anything that I could answer. No need to be just plain rude.
funniest part is that for someone who "isn't interested at all," that bronco poster read the entire thread before his quip...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2007, 01:06 PM   #12
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by goopaluchie
I got my HD cables very fast. I won the bid for 2 S type controllers FIRST. And I still had a two day wait on the Action Replay system. I was worried that my Action Replay would come to late. Late meaning a week into the first week of football. However, it came yesterday, which suprised me. my controllers should have came first. Anyhow, I went through step by step instructions that were in the book.
1- Install the Action Replay disc.
2- Put the device in a free U.S.B. port.
3- They instructions also said that I should get to prompts before going to the home page? I NEVER GOT THEM! Do I have to down load the Action Replay again to get Finn's edited rosters downloaded correctly? Or will it work with out being formated? ( so to speak )

A question about downloading Finns Roster......................?????????????????

I have never used Action Replay..................Nor have I ever tried to locate where Mr. Finn is on the net. Will Finn have his final roster update with only one week to go in pre-season football?
Once I get to Finn how and which way to get the correct information?
And once I downloaded the correct stuff onto the memory card, I take it that I take the memory card upstairs, turn on the football, insert the memory card into the controller, and then update with Finns NEW roster download?
I have heard some horror stories where people were getting there information from other people. And people were missing names, heads, their yardage information was through the roof. All kinds of terrible things. I don not want to get that " bad " roster download from anyone. I would like it to be correct and as painless as possible.

Thanks for your input.
I've got to be honest, I'm not sure what exactly you're asking in that first part. Whats wrong with your AR?

As for rosters, Finn doesn't do rosters, he just made the editor. Download rosters from the roster forum. Then you can edit those if you please, otherwise just put them in your controller and play.

I'm really not sure what you're asking, you need to be more clear. There is no need to get a hold of Finn or anything like that.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:36 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUglyOrgan
I've got to be honest, I'm not sure what exactly you're asking in that first part. Whats wrong with your AR?

As for rosters, Finn doesn't do rosters, he just made the editor. Download rosters from the roster forum. Then you can edit those if you please, otherwise just put them in your controller and play.

I'm really not sure what you're asking, you need to be more clear. There is no need to get a hold of Finn or anything like that.
Sorry to be confusing....

I NEVER received the 2 " prompts " just like the instruction book said I would. My question was.......

Should I reload the program untill I get these prompts to come up? Or will the AR work without them? It did take me to the home page for the hardware after being downloaded. I just haven't tried to find out where Flying Finns updated roster's may be.

But you are saying that he will not/ or does not have an updated roster, after the preseason is done. I have to go to the roster thread and roll the dice with those there. This is probaly still confusing. Sorry, I tried to make it simple. Thanks again.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:26 PM   #14
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:

I NEVER received the 2 " prompts " just like the instruction book said I would. My question was.......

Should I reload the program untill I get these prompts to come up? Or will the AR work without them? It did take me to the home page for the hardware after being downloaded. I just haven't tried to find out where Flying Finns updated roster's may be.

But you are saying that he will not/ or does not have an updated roster, after the preseason is done. I have to go to the roster thread and roll the dice with those there. This is probaly still confusing. Sorry, I tried to make it simple. Thanks again.
The rolling the dice and just unnecessary words is whats making it confusing and just hard to read.

I have no idea what two prompts you speak of. The software should simply install for you, open it up and it will be a box with three columns. Stick the card in the little port and you're set. Now, if it doesn't recognize the memory card then you need to re-install the drivers.

As for rosters, you go in the roster forum and download some of the high quality rosters that are in there. There is no rolling the dice, there are no missing heads or anything like that.

Install your AR software, download a roster. Drag the .zip file you downloaded for the roster into the center column of the AR software program, then drag it over to the left side, which will copy it to your memory card.

If this doesn't help at all then I'm just lost. I don't know what prompts you're talking about and I don't believe Finn has any recent rosters at all. Everyone else's rosters work in his editor and work just great.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:31 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:

Action Replay (AR):
-install the Action Replay bundled software from the CD
-plug in the USB adaptor WITH memory card attached & wait for windows to detect the hardware & say it's "installed & ready for use." Reboot windows if prompted.
-open the AR software you just installed
-Use as follows: drag any downloaded gamesaves on to the memory card in the AR interface (on the left side of the)
-don't worry about any "2 prompts"

FlyingFinn:
Finn created a program allowing YOU or anyone to update rosters on your own. He doesn't release any roster files created by himself. Sweeping metaphor: the guy who invented the ink pen doesn't release "official stories" ...rather it is up to the world to put the pen to use.

If you get a widely downloaded file from the rosters section it wont matter whether the file was created OS user Convince, Dan77733, Rickster, Flipmo, Daflyboys, WARPATHEB, me, etc... you won't exactly be "rolling the dice." Think of it as the difference coke & pepsi-- just preference. Though they will hav differences, each of the most popular roster files will be very accurate & playable.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »