Home

CBS SportsLine.com showing nice depth charts!

This is a discussion on CBS SportsLine.com showing nice depth charts! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-28-2007, 02:56 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: CBS SportsLine.com showing nice depth charts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
You can change the setup to a 3-4 but it doesn't change the playbook. In game, the depth chart will show 3-4 defense. However, if the original teams playbook was a 4-3, it will still run a 4-3 against you.
Have you been able to find a way to switch team's defenses and playbook's by exchanging it with another team? For example, the 49ers run a 3-4 defense while the Ravens run a 4-3. Any chance of being able to switch them with each other to where if you play with the 49ers, their depth chart and playbook is the Ravens?

Also, for teams like the Jets, Raiders, Vikings and Cowboys who have both the 4-3 and 3-4 listed, can one be eliminated completely? If not, will your depth chart allow us to setup each individually or will both be linked with each other like it is in-game?

Quote:
Not sure about 2. The only time I have seen the CPU change the PR/KR is when massive global player rating edits are done on a file. Evidently, the attributes you roster guys are changing (for QBs for example) are used in the game's calculation of who would make a good kick returner. Hopefully, being able to set them in editor will cause them to stick but I can't say for sure. You may have to reset before every week in the editor.
I dont think that it has anything to do with global edits because in my roster file, the starting QB becomes the kick and punt returner after week one (which is where the **** CPU changes everything) but if I simply release all the QB's in the team rosters section and then assign them back to their respective team, the starting QB is no longer the kick and punt returner. Personally, I think that the majority of these problems have to do with the game's depth chart setup in general because I never had any of these problems in 2k3 or 2k4. If I apply global edits to my roster but dont release and "re-assign" every player back to their respective team, the starting QB becoming the kick and punt returner never happens.

Also, I have a few other questions for you Finn, if you dont mind.

1) Is the depth chart addition for roster and/or franchise files?

2) Have you been able to find a way to rename teams and apply current logos and stadiums to other teams? For example, since I would like the 49ers to run a 3-4 and use the Ravens playbook without having to use that crappy playbook option in-game, I thought that if I simply use the game's "customize league" option, I could switch the Ravens and 49ers with each other and then, just rename them and apply the stadium name and team logo to them.

To be clearer, I would switch the 49ers and Ravens with each other thus making the Ravens in the NFC West and the 49ers in the AFC North. Once in franchise, I would rename the 49ers to the Baltimore Ravens and apply their respective team logo and stadium to them thus having two Ravens teams but then I would rename the Ravens (in the NFC West) into the San Francisco 49ers and apply their respective team logo and stadium to them. Actually, I dont think that sounds clearer. Sorry. Basically, I would like to switch the 49ers depth chart and playbook with the Ravens depth chart and playbook but keeping everything else (stadium, logo, etc.) intact as it should be without having to use the game's playbook options.

Thanks again Finn. I'm sorry for all the questions but im sure that you expected them, especially from your number one pain in the ***, me. LOL.

Thanks.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:38 PM   #34
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Have you been able to find a way to switch team's defenses and playbook's by exchanging it with another team? For example, the 49ers run a 3-4 defense while the Ravens run a 4-3. Any chance of being able to switch them with each other to where if you play with the 49ers, their depth chart and playbook is the Ravens?
I am investigating switching playbooks now. Don't know if any thing will come of it.

Quote:
Also, for teams like the Jets, Raiders, Vikings and Cowboys who have both the 4-3 and 3-4 listed, can one be eliminated completely? If not, will your depth chart allow us to setup each individually or will both be linked with each other like it is in-game?
Since I can't drop the playbooks yet, the teams that play both will still play both... so no the eliminated part. The depth chart position is stored with the player. He has a left and right depth chart place for his position. For positions with no "other side", (i.e. RB,FB,QB,C,TE,K,P,FS,SS) the left side is used. CB, DE, WR, G, T use both. However, you can't have a guy start at left CB in the 3-4 but right CB in the 4-3 since the player holds the depth chart info and has no clue which defense the team runs. The 2 positions that are weird are the MLB (in 4-3) and NT (in 3-4). Your starting middle linebacker will always be the Left ILB in the 3-4. The starting NT in the 3-4, will always be the Left DT in the 4-3. Hope that didn't confuse you too much.

Quote:
I dont think that it has anything to do with global edits because in my roster file, the starting QB becomes the kick and punt returner after week one (which is where the **** CPU changes everything) but if I simply release all the QB's in the team rosters section and then assign them back to their respective team, the starting QB is no longer the kick and punt returner. Personally, I think that the majority of these problems have to do with the game's depth chart setup in general because I never had any of these problems in 2k3 or 2k4. If I apply global edits to my roster but dont release and "re-assign" every player back to their respective team, the starting QB becoming the kick and punt returner never happens.
That is weird. Hopefully, the editor will help with this. However, I have never seen the CPU have the wrong guy returning kicks in Franchise using any user created roster without global edits.

Quote:
Also, I have a few other questions for you Finn, if you dont mind.
No worries...

Quote:
1) Is the depth chart addition for roster and/or franchise files?
Franchise, Rosters and Historic files.

Quote:
2) Have you been able to find a way to rename teams and apply current logos and stadiums to other teams? For example, since I would like the 49ers to run a 3-4 and use the Ravens playbook without having to use that crappy playbook option in-game, I thought that if I simply use the game's "customize league" option, I could switch the Ravens and 49ers with each other and then, just rename them and apply the stadium name and team logo to them.
No I haven't found a way to do that yet. So far I have only found a way to change the way the PBP refers to your team. I changed the Bucs team PBP to be the Patriots and Dan,Steve and the PA announcer referred to my Bucs team as the Patriots and Gruden as Belichek (sp?). The graphics didn't change however. But still there may be hope.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:39 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
I am investigating switching playbooks now. Don't know if any thing will come of it.
Awesome, that's all I ask. If we could somehow switch a team's depth chart along with their playbook, we would be able to setup teams who run the 4-3 or 3-4 accordingly. For example, since the 49ers run the 4-3 in-game, I have Manny Lawson at DE because that's what he would be if they ran the 4-3 in reality. If we can switch the 49ers with the Ravens and vice versa, I could have Lawson at OLB in the 3-4 since that's where he plays.

If there's one thing that I wish you could somehow get done, this is it because we would be able to adjust teams that switch defensive setups plus will give added replay value to the game since several teams would be using different playbooks than before. All im hoping is to get the Ravens 3-4 defense and their playbook assigned to the 49ers without having to use the crappy in-game playbook option.

Quote:
Since I can't drop the playbooks yet, the teams that play both will still play both... so no the eliminated part. The depth chart position is stored with the player. He has a left and right depth chart place for his position. For positions with no "other side", (i.e. RB,FB,QB,C,TE,K,P,FS,SS) the left side is used. CB, DE, WR, G, T use both. However, you can't have a guy start at left CB in the 3-4 but right CB in the 4-3 since the player holds the depth chart info and has no clue which defense the team runs. The 2 positions that are weird are the MLB (in 4-3) and NT (in 3-4). Your starting middle linebacker will always be the Left ILB in the 3-4. The starting NT in the 3-4, will always be the Left DT in the 4-3. Hope that didn't confuse you too much.
This is why I always put the top rated WR, DE, DT, OLB and CB on the left side because in some formations, only one of the two players at that respective position is in on the play and it's always the left side which is why I always put the highest rated player there. After all, why would anyone want a 65 rated player when they could have a 90 rated player in on the play instead? I know exactly what you mean by the MLB and NT positions for teams that run both the 3-4 and 4-3. I hate this because I put the first, second and third teams in order of rating. For example, with the Jets, I have DT Robertson (85) at LDT and he's the NT in the 3-4. Oelhoffen is the starting RDT but is the fourth NT because listing him after Robertson messes up the second team on the 4-3. I hate that VC didnt make the teams that run both the 4-3 and 3-4 separate instead of having one affect the other.

Quote:
That is weird. Hopefully, the editor will help with this. However, I have never seen the CPU have the wrong guy returning kicks in Franchise using any user created roster without global edits.
This is just wierd but I still think that the problem has to do with 2k5's depth chart setup and not global edits because if it was due to global edits, I wouldnt be able to get around the problem by simply releasing and reassigning all the QB's back to their respective team.

Quote:
No I haven't found a way to do that yet. So far I have only found a way to change the way the PBP refers to your team. I changed the Bucs team PBP to be the Patriots and Dan,Steve and the PA announcer referred to my Bucs team as the Patriots and Gruden as Belichek (sp?). The graphics didn't change however. But still there may be hope.
Well, you're like halfway there. If it's possible to edit the PBP for the team, then all that's left is being able to take the correct stadium name and team logo's with it. If this becomes a reality, then I could simply switch the Ravens and 49ers using that customize league option and then apply the correct stadium and team logo's. Basically, this would be a way around the inability thus far to switch a 4-3 defense (and the respective playbook) to the 3-4 and vice versa.

Thanks for answering my questions and while it's been over a year since you released your last editor, I think I can speak for everyone here when I say that it's definitely been worth the wait.

Finn = the EA / Madden killer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2007, 09:55 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

Always starts with one of you guys getting an idea, then before you know it it becomes a reality
Old 08-29-2007, 10:43 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDX97
Always starts with one of you guys getting an idea, then before you know it it becomes a reality
give credit where credit's due; it starts & ends w/ Finn. period.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:44 AM   #38
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Are you guys going to go by CBS SL or LocalSports for depth charts?
Old 08-29-2007, 11:55 AM   #39
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm using Local until I find something better.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:55 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

I wonder how hard it would be to adapt the editor to say... 2k's MLB series...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »