Home

Which are most "realistic" playbooks?

This is a discussion on Which are most "realistic" playbooks? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-24-2007, 09:49 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 21
Which are most "realistic" playbooks?

Which playbooks do you guys consider most realistic? By that I mean, when playing the cpu, which playbooks do you find make for the best games as "called" by the cpu? Ones in which there is a good mixture of run/pass by the cpu? Ones in which there are very few, if any, of those infamous "never work" plays?

Interested in hearing your thoughts...

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2007, 12:05 PM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Which are most "realistic" playbooks?

capa......look at my latest stats for the KC/Sea game in the "initial roster tweak" thread. SEA's choices were nice and kept me off balance.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:11 PM   #3
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

I've always enjoyed playing against the DEN VIP/playbook. NE's is good too but they will pass it quite a bit.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:24 PM   #4
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
I've always enjoyed playing against the DEN VIP/playbook. NE's is good too but they will pass it quite a bit.
I agree. The NE passing scheme can get a little stupid at the end of a game when they have the lead and they're still throwing passes. I wonder how it would be to assign the West Coast or General playbook to NE and then go in and play them.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:46 PM   #5
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Yeah, that is a pet peeve of mine about playing the Pats but for the most part it's spot-on to the real life counterparts. When I played them earlier this week, I had to defend against a constant onslaught of Stallworth, Moss, & Welker. I manually play the CB on defense so I played against Stallworth most of the game and did a good job of holding my own (he only burnt me once for a TD when they were in the redzone and made a couple of 3rd down catches) and Mike McKenzie did a damn good job of defending Moss for the most part, but just like in real life Brady just took what the defense gave him and did a decent job of dishing the ball to Welker on underneaths or him just sitting in holes in the zone. Then, the second half came and... oh vey. Not good.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »