Home

Old 08-28-2007, 07:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Thumbs up Back to the Future...

A very appropriate title, because this game is what Next-gen needs to become.
I actually owned this for a couple weeks back in 2004, but I never gave it a chance because I threw a tantrum that Urlacher and Hovan's tattoos were not in the game, and they were in earlier versions. Bad reason, but I did enjoy Madden 2005.
Dateline 2008: I buy Madden 2008 for PS3 for the PS3(unplayable-turnover bug), rent it for PS2(ok), and buy it for PC (nice-but I don't have a 40" PC monitor).
This leads me to these forums where I read that 2K5 might be worth another look. I gave it a quick practice session, and realize I need to go full throttle with updated rosters. I tweak/create the rosters to at least get most of this years starters and rookies in their proper places.

The game is the once and future king.

Every aspect I could want (sans tatoos) are in the game. I can't find any gamekillers to this point.

Anyone who can't tolerate the Madden turnover-fest really needs to try this one again!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2007, 02:12 PM   #2
Rookie

djprotege's Arena

Re: Back to the Future...

Its not even the turnovers that bother me about madden, i think overall i cant even have fun with the game it just seems horrible in my opinion in every way.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:19 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by djprotege
Its not even the turnovers that bother me about madden, i think overall i cant even have fun with the game it just seems horrible in my opinion in every way.
Second that.

Madden doesn't make a case to make people want to keep playing it. No replayability.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:35 AM   #4
Rookie

I actually tried to play PS3 Madden again yesterday after someone posted another "solution" to the turnover problem (Fatigue-off). The opposition fumbled a kickoff,handoff, and threw a pick all within the first quarter. GAME OVER. Never going back.

In 2K5, yes these things happen, but with far less consistency. Keep in-mind I dumped this game for Madden 2005, so I'm by no no means Anti-EA.

After today's roster cuts, I will hone the rosters down to near-perfection (starters)for 2007 football. All will be well...

I seem to jinx consoles. The systems I buy on release day all seem to fail. I'm seriously considering cutting the PS3 cord, particularly after reading that this year's WWE game will run at a superior rate on the 360, but I've had NO technical difficulties with my PS3-that's a saving grace.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »