Home

Old 09-05-2007, 05:02 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Post Routes

There's plenty wrong with the draft. If you've got a late 1st round pick you might as well forget about a QB, HB, T, or DE because all the good ones will be taken since the CPU hogs them all.

However that just means you get the best of whatever else is there too so it's not all bad especially if you trade your 1st Round pick (assuming it's a late 1st round) for a 2nd Round pick and possibly a decent player before hand, and just pick up what you need of those positions you'll be unable to get in Free Agency.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:10 PM   #10
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

OVR: 6

Well, since people are complaining about gameplay issues here, I'll post mine.

Is there any way to not scramble and pick up a nice chunk of yardage 7/10 times? Even with P. Manning I can run for 50 yards on 5 or 6 carries. I try not to cheese, but if it is 3rd and 5 and I have the defense spread out where there is no defender in the middle of the field, it is so yard to just not take off and pick up the first down.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:40 PM   #11
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

This thread hits on my only real gripes with the game. Post routes and QB sneaks.

My solution are "house rules" in that I never run with the QB or throw post routes. It certainly isn't a perfect solution, but it is the only way I can feel good about playing the game. And there is so much to like about the game, that I can live with the house rules.

For the record, my QB sneak house rule has been a part of EVERY video football game I have ever played. In my experience it has always been too easy to run with the QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2007, 10:45 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 20

yeah i really wish 2K had taken that "juice the speed & tackling" feature away from kickoff returns & applied it to the defense anytime you (as the QB) held the R trigger for say one full second... that way you could use R to move around in the pocket/around behind LOS, but if you tried to turn it into offense you'd be @ a disadvantage

i would much rather see that "juicing" given to the def vs scramblers rather than on KO returns... it would even be an improvement to just give the advantage on maybe 50% of KO returns & on 75% of scrambles so you still get the occasional long run w/ a fast QB & you get some more variety on KRs

here's to hoping we are able to tweak situational aspects of the engine itself someday. that capability could put all of our tweaks & slider efforts to shame quickly
Old 09-08-2007, 06:16 PM   #13
Vin
All-Star

Vin's Arena

Actually there is a way to counteract the post/corner routes...

and it has to do with Aggressiveness rating of the defensive backs...
As far as I can tell, the coverage rating is pretty much all about countering the route running skill of the receiver... obviously, a corner with a higher coverage skill will be able to stick with a receiver better, but when it comes to making a play on the ball, another attribute takes over (you'll notice thats pretty obvious when you're throwing a deep pass and the opposing corner seems have pretty tight coverage but slows down at the last second or so for no reason...)

I implement the 127/64 Agg formula (with some tweaks) on every roster I download just to take away that money post route... and it does improve other areas of gameplay, imo...

I do have to do a global decrease on all the catching and coverage ratings for corners, safeties and linebackers since they'll go for the pick a lot more with the higher Agg rating...

but all in all, it gets the job done pretty well..
Old 09-08-2007, 06:53 PM   #14
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

The aggression thing, I would need the editor to do that to say puja's roster?
Old 09-08-2007, 07:06 PM   #15
Vin
All-Star

Vin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTesh
The aggression thing, I would need the editor to do that to say puja's roster?
To reach 127 yeah... and going through the game to edit each and every player's rating is insanely tedious...

With permission, I'd be willing to re-release anyone's roster with my own, slightly altered Agg formula on it... but thats strictly up to them...

But theres nothing I do that you can't do in less than 3 mins with the global editing feature on Finn's editor... So I don't even think I'd need to upload anything unless you just don't have access to the editor...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2007, 07:09 PM   #16
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vswitzer
But theres nothing I do that you can't do in less than 3 mins with the global editing feature on Finn's editor... So I don't even think I'd need to upload anything unless you just don't have access to the editor...
Well, I've never used it before, so I'm sure it would take me a little while to get acquainted with it. Do you feel as though the game play is much better with the 127/64 aggression?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »