Home

Punters' tweaks have no effect

This is a discussion on Punters' tweaks have no effect within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-31-2007, 04:45 PM   #9
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Punters' tweaks have no effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
IIRC, KAC affects the speed of the kick meter for human punters (& kickers). No idea for CPU though.

CON, as usual, effects all players the same: % of how often the play "up to their rating" (unfortunately, the manual doesn't go into detail as to whether this applies to all individual atts or just the OVR rating... I'd hope the former)

CMP is probably the second attribute you should look at rather than CON since QBs/kickers/punters are the only positions who have this attribute affect their OVR rating.
I don't think KAC attribute affects the speed of the kick meter for human. At least I didn't see a difference. The slider does, yes, but not this attribute as far as I can tell.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:24 AM   #10
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

SOMETHING definitely affects the meter, because I see it varying from kicker to kicker.

As for the INTs, having them set low does help, but it doesn't stop them. Most of my linebackers are set below 10 (based on how they did that year), but I just had a player yesterday with a 4 pick off a tipped pass. It doesn't bother me though. It was tipped, he is a good player on a good defrense on a great team and playing against the QB who through the most INTs that year.

I have seen a definite effect from lowering both INT ratings and taking the slider down below the first "marker". I am getting a lot fewer. BTW- On my DBs, the higherst value I have is a 50 (1 guy) and then a few 40s and it drops from there. DBs who didn't intercept a pass are way down in the 8-14 range. Don't worry, they still intercept passes once in a while.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:18 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
SOMETHING definitely affects the meter, because I see it varying from kicker to kicker.
^agree

I'll repeat a sidenote of mine from last seasn for anyone "creating" punters or kickers in a roster (by overwriting other players).

there is some hidden attribute or factor in punters/kickers which I have not been able to separate from other position players. Read: If you overwrite another position player into a K/P in the editor, the OVR rating of the resulting SpTms guy will often be much lower than it should be. Pasting those same attributes onto a "default" punter or kicker will result in the "correct" OVR rating.

Similarly, if you convert a punter or kicker into another position, that resulting player's OVR rating will be lower. Back when I was working off of OSDCR, I noticed that Demeco Ryans had virtually ALL higher ILB-relevant attributes compared to James Farrior (those few that weren't higher were just a couple points lower), but Ryans' OVR rating was something like 8 or 9 points lower than Farrior. Pasting the ratings onto default linebacker revealed the "correct" OVR rating. I believe that Ryans had been converted from a default kicker. Later experimentation confirmed the OVR rating bug for SpTms players

Last edited by puja21; 09-01-2007 at 02:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2007, 02:55 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
^agree

I'll repeat a sidenote of mine from last seasn for anyone "creating" punters or kickers in a roster (by overwriting other players).

there is some hidden attribute or factor in punters/kickers which I have not been able to separate from other position players. Read: If you overwrite another position player into a K/P in the editor, the OVR rating of the resulting SpTms guy will often be much lower than it should be. Pasting those same attributes onto a "default" punter or kicker will result in the "correct" OVR rating.

Similarly, if you convert a punter or kicker into another position, that resulting player's OVR rating will be lower. Back when I was working off of OSDCR, I noticed that Demeco Ryans had virtually ALL higher ILB-relevant attributes compared to James Farrior (those few that weren't higher were just a couple points lower), but Ryans' OVR rating was something like 8 or 9 points lower than Farrior. Pasting the ratings onto default linebacker revealed the "correct" OVR rating. I believe that Ryans had been converted from a default kicker. Later experimentation confirmed the OVR rating bug for SpTms players
The speed of the kick meter has to do with the kicker's or punter's overall rating. The higher the rating, the slower the meter goes. Kick a FG with say David Akers who's rated 90 or so and then kick a FG with a 50 or 60 rated kicker and you'll see the difference. This has been around since 2k1 so it shouldnt come as a surprise to anyone.

And I advise against using a position to create a player in a different position unless they are interchangeable. Here's my setup -

QB
RB / FB
WR / TE
C / OG / OT
DT / DE
OLB / ILB
CB / SS / FS
K / P

For those who may be confused, the above is the setup I use when needing to overwrite players for one position that has no one left. For example, if you need to create a WR but have no one left to overwrite, you can edit a TE and then switch him to WR. The secondary is the best because you can almost never run out of players to overwrite. In my 2k7 roster, I did have to edit a few DT's into OT's because I had no one left but I tested it out and havent come across any problems. However, when I created my 2k6 roster a year and a half ago, I remember creating WR Reggie Brown for the Eagles by using an OL. Well, during the coin toss, instead of the starting QB and the LWR being in the coin toss, it was McNabb and an OL. The coin toss is always the starting QB and LWR for the home team and the starting QB and the LCB for the defense. If this ever changes, you have a roster problem.

And puja21 is correct when he says that changing a kicker or punter into another position affects his overall rating or vice versa. I remember overwriting someone into P Donnie Jones and his overall rating wasnt would it should have been. Bottom line is that you should at first, use the same position for the player that you want to add but if that's not possible, use the other position that can be interchangeable with the one that you're creating. For example, if you want to create a RB but have no one left, use a FB and just switch his position. If you have no FB's left either, you've got a problem.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:14 AM   #13
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
^agree

I guess that's been my problem with kickers and punters.

Thanks.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:46 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapnutz2k2
I guess that's been my problem with kickers and punters.

Thanks.
^i adhere to what dan said... overwrite the same position whenever possible
Old 09-02-2007, 07:32 PM   #15
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

That really messes with the History program then. Those guys aren't overwritten that way. The only weird things I've noticed since using it is having a lineman sometimes being the holder for the kicker. He seems to do quite well.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »