Home

Punters' tweaks have no effect

This is a discussion on Punters' tweaks have no effect within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-31-2007, 10:14 AM   #1
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Punters' tweaks have no effect

I was curious to see if I could change up some of the consistency in the punters' abilities. However, even zeroing out kick accuracy and consistency attributes seemed to have no effect for both human and cpu control.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2007, 11:14 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Punters' tweaks have no effect

Interesting. I also notice that dropping LB's catch and hold onto ball to 0 also has little if any effect on their ability to make interceptions. But INTs in this game is a whole other subject! That we all know...

C
Old 08-31-2007, 11:49 AM   #3
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Interesting. I also notice that dropping LB's catch and hold onto ball to 0 also has little if any effect on their ability to make interceptions. But INTs in this game is a whole other subject! That we all know...

C
Really? I think it does. I think the combo of all defensive players having their "catch" atty zero'ed out really helps the overall in-game INT numbers both ways. I think "hold onto ball" is a whole different thing relating to fumbles once the ball is in the ball handlers possession (along with the slider setting).
Old 08-31-2007, 01:13 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Really? I think it does. I think the combo of all defensive players having their "catch" atty zero'ed out really helps the overall in-game INT numbers both ways. I think "hold onto ball" is a whole different thing relating to fumbles once the ball is in the ball handlers possession (along with the slider setting).
I think it does for the DBs...but I don't see the same affect on the LBs...maybe it's just a perception thing and it all evens out.

C
Old 08-31-2007, 01:40 PM   #5
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I think it does for the DBs...but I don't see the same affect on the LBs...maybe it's just a perception thing and it all evens out.

C
We'll compare notes at the end of a season! (how's the controlling the LB thing working out?)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2007, 01:49 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
I was curious to see if I could change up some of the consistency in the punters' abilities. However, even zeroing out kick accuracy and consistency attributes seemed to have no effect for both human and cpu control.
IIRC, KAC affects the speed of the kick meter for human punters (& kickers). No idea for CPU though.

CON, as usual, effects all players the same: % of how often the play "up to their rating" (unfortunately, the manual doesn't go into detail as to whether this applies to all individual atts or just the OVR rating... I'd hope the former)

CMP is probably the second attribute you should look at rather than CON since QBs/kickers/punters are the only positions who have this attribute affect their OVR rating.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:42 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 15

I have my global edits for LB's at 10 for catching and secure ball. The only time that they get an INT from me is if I pass right to them. Otherwise, they drop the ball.

For CB, SS and FS, I have catching and secure ball at 40. I know a lot of people have complaints with INT's but I think that's based on sliders and who the DB's are. I usually average one a game. The most I ever had in a 16 game season was 18.

It also has to do with how many minutes you play as well.

Puja21 is right, for punters, their composure attribute affects their overall rating more than consistency does. It's actually funny.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:20 PM   #8
Banned

I have to keep reminding myself that Coach mode plays entirely different.

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »