Home

Finn's revised editor - info here

This is a discussion on Finn's revised editor - info here within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2007, 07:30 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 21
Finn's revised editor - info here

Finn,

I took the liberty of posting your info here (from other thread). I think it deserves a thread of its own! Thanks once again for all your dedication and hard work.

Misc. Notes:

* Depth chart access: Depth chart button, Main Menu Edit|Depth Chart, Double Click Team Image or Team Name, Right Click Team Name, Crtl-D shortcut.
* Change to 3-4 depth chart: Right Click team name.
* On the depth chart screen, to edit the depth chart of a position, click the position name. Clicking the player name will bring up the player editor. Importing/Exporting allows people working with the same roster file to share depth charts. (or allows you to restore teams depth charts in your franchise if the CPU screws them up).
* Auto Advance year now prompts for the number of years to advance.
* New Schedule action now allows you to select the year of the schedule.
* Edit game now allows minutes as well as hours (i.e. 4:15 pm). Time range expanded from noon to midnight. (used to be noon to 9)
* New option added: Check show all time teams to view Alumni/pro-bowl and celeb teams in the editor.
* Change default playbook by clicking the options tab for a team and selecting a different playbook. This options is only available for the NFL teams. Alumni/Pro-Bowl/Created teams are not supported.

Stay tuned for the coaching updates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2007, 07:43 AM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Finn's revised editor - info here

Good idea capa. And I think that this thread should be for the new editor features and other complicated questions. Newbies should use the help function located in the editor for basic questions. Once this gets going I'm definitely going to hit up PayPal for a contribution....well worth it!!

Addendum: Okay....I've had a chance to look at it a little bit and my first question(s) are: since there's no slot for the TE right now, how do you assign TE1 vs TE2 vs the WR slots; and, will the final build have a seperate slot for the TE's?

Last edited by daflyboys; 09-12-2007 at 07:48 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:09 AM   #3
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Good idea capa. And I think that this thread should be for the new editor features and other complicated questions. Newbies should use the help function located in the editor for basic questions. Once this gets going I'm definitely going to hit up PayPal for a contribution....well worth it!!

Addendum: Okay....I've had a chance to look at it a little bit and my first question(s) are: since there's no slot for the TE right now, how do you assign TE1 vs TE2 vs the WR slots; and, will the final build have a seperate slot for the TE's?
Does the game allow editing of TE right or Slot Receivers as I didn't it they did? At least it didn't in my research. If it does, can you give a me a team that allows this so I can investigate?

Thanks,
Finn
Old 09-12-2007, 08:17 AM   #4
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Sorry, by "slot" I didn't mean slot receiver....simply a slot for them. The game definitely has a seperate screen for TE depth charting. (and by screen, I don't mean screen pass...)
Old 09-12-2007, 08:20 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 19

Thanks for all your work Finn. You've made it possible for those who enjoy 2k5 to continue having fun with this game. Question - is it possible to make your editor show the overall ratings of the players and/or teams? Especially players. Thanks in advance.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2007, 08:21 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Sorry, by "slot" I didn't mean slot receiver....simply a slot for them. The game definitely has a seperate screen for TE depth charting. (and by screen, I don't mean screen pass...)
Look next to the left tackle spot to find the tight ends, if that's what you're looking for. It took me a second to find it. Hope this helps.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:35 AM   #7
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Look next to the left tackle spot to find the tight ends, if that's what you're looking for. It took me a second to find it. Hope this helps.

Ya...sorry...it was early.... and I have issues!
Old 09-12-2007, 09:01 AM   #8
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Thanks for all your work Finn. You've made it possible for those who enjoy 2k5 to continue having fun with this game. Question - is it possible to make your editor show the overall ratings of the players and/or teams? Especially players. Thanks in advance.
If you can tell me how it is calculated, I will be glad to add it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »