Home

Franchise Mode Memory Job Request

This is a discussion on Franchise Mode Memory Job Request within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 09-16-2007, 04:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Icon5 Franchise Mode Memory Job Request

Hey guys...can you tell me the trick to getting different schedules from season to season? I know it has to do with the preseason...do you play out the games, sim the games, play game one then sim the rest? I can't remember, as this is the first time since 2004 that I am not starting over with current rosters (hard to find for the frustratingly limited PS2).

I finally just finished updating last season's rosters with the "important" transactions, like Culpepper, Carr, Schaub, Harrington, Moss, Boulware, etc. and now am ready for some football, 2k style! Thanks for your help.
College Hoops 2k8: Duke, Winston-Salem State
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2007, 09:02 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Franchise Mode Memory Job Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbase503
Hey guys...can you tell me the trick to getting different schedules from season to season? I know it has to do with the preseason...do you play out the games, sim the games, play game one then sim the rest? I can't remember, as this is the first time since 2004 that I am not starting over with current rosters (hard to find for the frustratingly limited PS2).

I finally just finished updating last season's rosters with the "important" transactions, like Culpepper, Carr, Schaub, Harrington, Moss, Boulware, etc. and now am ready for some football, 2k style! Thanks for your help.
Since you're playing on PS2, the ability to edit schedules is non-existent. Everything that's done using Finn's editor with roster and franchise files is for the Xbox version of 2K5. I originally purchased 2K5 for PS2 but after I found out about Finn's editor, I purchased an Xbox, a laptop PC, an Action Replay and 2K5 just so I can keep playing an updated 2K5.

Quite honestly, there's now way in hell that I could ever go back to playing 2K5 on PS2.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:10 PM   #3
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

That's not what he means. There is a glitch that has you playing the same schedule over and over, but there is a way around it. It has nothing to do with editing. I read it on another forum somewhere (maybe the 2k5 Sports forum?)

Unfortunately, I don't remember the workaround.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:07 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5
Icon9 Re: Franchise Mode Memory Jog Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
That's not what he means. There is a glitch that has you playing the same schedule over and over, but there is a way around it. It has nothing to do with editing. I read it on another forum somewhere (maybe the 2k5 Sports forum?)

Unfortunately, I don't remember the workaround.
Dophin is correct. It is NOT editing the schedule I am looking to do. I think the workaround to the repeating schedule glitch is simming straight thru the preseason, but I can't remember for sure. Nor can I remember if that is from the end of the offseason portion thru the preseason or if you can sim the preseason when the game save is right at the beginning of those games.

The answer was on this forum (this is the only 2k forum I have used), but I haven't seen it addressed for at least two years. Help cry to you PS2 players who might recall this solution!
College Hoops 2k8: Duke, Winston-Salem State
Old 09-17-2007, 02:07 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have the XBox version, but I can tell you that I have ALWAYS had the preseason simmed straight thru (one of the options in the game) and my schedules have never been the same from year to year in franchise mode. I would imagine that the same would be true with the PS2 version, unless one of the patches released so long ago on xbox live fixed said problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2007, 03:33 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 15

Sorry about that.

I know about the repeating schedule problem and yes it was the same for the Xbox version as well. For example, when playing with the 49ers, they play the NFC South in 2004. They play that division every year afterwards.

There's no actual way around this problem because it's programmed into the game. No matter who you play with, you will play the same in-conference division every year. The only way to alter this somewhat is to use the customize league option and switch teams around. Of course, you'll still be stuck playing the same in-conference division every year.

For example, if I was to switch the NFC South with the NFC East for my 49ers, I would then be stuck playing the NFC East every year instead of the NFC South. Same problem but with a different division.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »