Home

Coach, Playbook, & Miscellaneous Edits

This is a discussion on Coach, Playbook, & Miscellaneous Edits within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2007, 12:58 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Coach, Playbook, & Miscellaneous Edits

If you have looked at the post in Puja's 07-08 roster release, I may have cracked the code for the coach settings in the new editor. If it works out right, we can adjust the playbooks and then adjust the coach settings to match that particular coaching style as well. I think this could have real potential.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2007, 02:06 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500bloc
I wish I could but I dont get my xbox back til mid october. I've been updating the coach ratings for the most part to pass time.
Let me guess, your Xbox is being repaired? If so, that sucks.

Quote:
I was going to use the Panthers for Indy, since the TE often helps Ugoh in the colts offense, but the Panthers use roll outs?
I havent played with the Panthers in a long time so I honestly cant say but when you look at Indy, they use more three WR sets than they do two TE sets and if they do use Clark and Utecht at the same time, Clark is usually lined up as the slot receiver.

Quote:
What does the bear formation in the 3-4 specifically do, that u would want to just get rid of that?
The bear formation is a 4-3 formation. I want the 3-4 teams to just run the 3-4 base, 3-4 nickel and 3-4 dime formations plus goalline and prevent. I dont want to play a 3-4 team and see them run the 4-3 bear formation half the game. It's unrealistic especially after I just switched the team's depth chart from 4-3 to 3-4. For example, my 49ers run the 3-4 and while they will run the 4-3 at times, it's only because of injuries. Back in 2005, the 49ers didnt have the correct players to fit in the 3-4 scheme but they do now.

For 4-3 teams, bear is fine and I have no problem with it but some teams like the Titans run the "dime odd" formation which is basically the 3-4 base defense. Basically, I want the 3-4 teams to just run 3-4 formations and the 4-3 teams to run the 4-3 formations. To me, it would perfect every team because they run what they should be running according to their playbook.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:01 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
The bear formation is a 4-3 formation. I want the 3-4 teams to just run the 3-4 base, 3-4 nickel and 3-4 dime formations plus goalline and prevent. I dont want to play a 3-4 team and see them run the 4-3 bear formation half the game. It's unrealistic especially after I just switched the team's depth chart from 4-3 to 3-4. For example, my 49ers run the 3-4 and while they will run the 4-3 at times, it's only because of injuries. Back in 2005, the 49ers didnt have the correct players to fit in the 3-4 scheme but they do now.

For 4-3 teams, bear is fine and I have no problem with it but some teams like the Titans run the "dime odd" formation which is basically the 3-4 base defense. Basically, I want the 3-4 teams to just run 3-4 formations and the 4-3 teams to run the 4-3 formations. To me, it would perfect every team because they run what they should be running according to their playbook.
Ok, I understand what u mean now, reminds me when I would edit a teams defensive playbook and I wouldn't be able to get rid of all the old formations. On a side note, I had left my xbox and all of my games in Cali when i went to visit, and have to wait to get them back, so I gots nothing but time, but I do wish I could do some testing with the new editor.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:26 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Ok, I understand what u mean now, reminds me when I would edit a teams defensive playbook and I wouldn't be able to get rid of all the old formations. On a side note, I had left my xbox and all of my games in Cali when i went to visit, and have to wait to get them back, so I gots nothing but time, but I do wish I could do some testing with the new editor.
Exactly. I tried editing playbooks but because I cant fully delete formations, there's no point in doing so. In 2k3, teams that ran the 3-4 only ran those formations while 4-3 teams only ran those formations. Since 2k3 is still my personal favorite, I was hoping to get the teams to be like that. Oh well.

Sucks you forgot your xbox. You should have a relative or a friend ship it to you. Just bubble wrap it, box it, tape it and ship it. I shipped stuff for ebay and never had a problem as long as I used bubble wrap.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:32 AM   #29
MVP

Here's a site with all the coaching movements. Head Coaches, Offensive Coordinators and Defensive Coordinators.

http://www.thehuddle.com/nfl/2007/coach-change.php
Old 09-23-2007, 03:27 AM   #30
MVP

Does anyone know if the 49ers and/or Broncos have a shotgun formation in the game?
Old 09-23-2007, 04:01 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Does anyone know if the 49ers and/or Broncos have a shotgun formation in the game?
I know the 49ers playbook does not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2007, 10:15 AM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejackal25
I know the 49ers playbook does not.
Ok, thanks. If anybody knows the answer to the Broncos that would also help, I'm trying to figure out why the 49ers would run 15% of the time in the Shotgun formation and pass 3% out of it. Same with the Broncos I believe.
A good way to test why would be to up those percentages to 100% in the Coach Editor, and to put the rest at 0%, to see what type of plays they would run since they do not have those formations in their playbook.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »