Home

Is there a way to increase pass accuracy?

This is a discussion on Is there a way to increase pass accuracy? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2007, 06:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Is there a way to increase pass accuracy?

Hey guys I was just wondering if there are drills or exercises that I can do in the weekly prep to increase my rookie QBs accuracy. He can launch the ball like its nothing but he could stand to be a little more accurate.

Thanks in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2007, 08:00 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Is there a way to increase pass accuracy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar1cmg
Hey guys I was just wondering if there are drills or exercises that I can do in the weekly prep to increase my rookie QBs accuracy. He can launch the ball like its nothing but he could stand to be a little more accurate.

Thanks in advance

Just so u won't get killed in the future, u should always try the search tab at the top, or even go back a page. There is a thread talking about weekly preps there.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:36 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

yeah i know there are plenty of posts about weekly preps but none of them say how to increase the accuracy of a QB. I already did search before I posted this because I couldn't find the information I needed with a search and I thought that maybe you guys could help me. Ok maybe I should be more clear there are some posts like the weekly prep that Guru posted for instance that say what specific drills do. That post has a lot of good information but it didn't say anything about increasing a QBs passing power or accuracy. So maybe there is no way to do it and I wasn't sure and none of the posts that I found through the search had it either so I posted this thread.

Last edited by cougar1cmg; 09-21-2007 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:47 AM   #4
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar1cmg

Thanks in advance
Use the editor and increase the pass accuracy attribute
Old 09-21-2007, 11:09 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 21

Finn is right...unfortunately, most people have discovered that the cpu QB performance is usually less than stellar when going head-to-head against you. Most have % complete 50% or less and ratings 75% or less. Not always, but most of the time.

To counteract this, you do have to increase the QB Accuracy and Pass Read Coverage in the editor. Most 1st string QBs should be a minimum of 90 for these, and the cream of the crop should be 99 or above.

Now, that may allow better head to head stats, but it might inflate the simmed stats across the length of a season. It's almost a "pick your poison" thing...get better cpu QB play but possible inflated simmed stats, or suffer watching the cpu QB but get better season simmed stats. I am not sure yet you can have both.

To be honest, you see the best QB play when the ratings I mentioned are pumped up greater than 115 in Finn's editor. But those will really inflate simmed status, I am sure.

Another input into this is WR and RB catch and run route ratings. They should be a min of 80 in my opinion. But here you get into re-rating a number of positions, and not sure you are up for that or want to. But it is the only real way to get realistic QB stats.

Daflyboys has a good summary on this in another post on the board here...

C

Last edited by capa; 09-21-2007 at 01:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »