Home

Is there any way to get the CPU QB to scramble?

This is a discussion on Is there any way to get the CPU QB to scramble? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2007, 03:18 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Is there any way to get the CPU QB to scramble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
To be honest, I am not sure. I have tested it with my historic teams with Fran Tarkenton who made Vick look like a statue! He'll take off and run a few times a game with the low setting. Logic tells me it would make the QB try to throw into double or triple coverage, but you know what? I have seen some of my QBs who are rated above 110 in passing categories do the same...so who can say?

I have not seen anything that makes me think it neg affects the passing, but this game is weird. You can go 2 games thinking all is well, then the roof caves in and you doubt all your settings. I am sure you know what I mean...

C
What did u give Tarkenton's scramble and have u ever gave them less than 10 composure before?
Old 09-24-2007, 04:11 PM   #10
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Logic tells me it would make the QB try to throw into double or triple coverage, but you know what? I have seen some of my QBs who are rated above 110 in passing categories do the same...
Tis true, tis true. The CPU QBs don't seem to have very good decision making, regardless their attribute rating.

500bloc, I think the scramble rating effects how well they throw on the run and outside the pocket.

I think this was just something that was overlooked when coding. I have Randall Cunningham rated appropriately as a scrambler (well, except for low composure), so that even in pregame Dan and Peter will talk about how good a runner he is... Yet he never runs!

I think perhaps the best solution is to add all the QB draws and bootlegs possible to a custom playbook.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:30 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookooForCocoa
Tis true, tis true. The CPU QBs don't seem to have very good decision making, regardless their attribute rating.

500bloc, I think the scramble rating effects how well they throw on the run and outside the pocket.

I think this was just something that was overlooked when coding. I have Randall Cunningham rated appropriately as a scrambler (well, except for low composure), so that even in pregame Dan and Peter will talk about how good a runner he is... Yet he never runs!

I think perhaps the best solution is to add all the QB draws and bootlegs possible to a custom playbook.
I asked about scrambling because I wanted to know if a high scramble rating coincided with a low composure rating would make a QB scramble more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2007, 11:22 PM   #12
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

Well, I added all the draws and bootlegs I could to the playbook I made for the '90 Eagles, which ended up being around a dozen QB running plays... Tested it, and now Randall actually ran a couple of times. I think I could make it even more, which I'm going to try to do, because not all the formations I used had QB running plays.

It's not quite the same as trying to contain a dual threat QB, but it'll have to do... Especially since I forgot I can't edit the historic teams I made.

(I created the players from scratch, started a franchise, and then exported the team. You can load the team into one of the two team slots, but you can't edit them)

Last edited by spit_bubble; 09-24-2007 at 11:31 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:12 AM   #13
MVP

Through searching, this was what I was able to find.

Aggressiveness=Very High (80-127) The Higher, the more likely to take off
(anything past 99 is experimental)*

Pass Read Coverage=Very Low (10-30) The Lower, the more of a tendancy to take off
(you may want to increase the pass accuracy and strength to compensate for the lower read ability)

Scramble= I would say put this at what u think the player deserves

Stamina=High (Should be about 3/4 or .66 that of the Aggressiveness)
Old 09-25-2007, 05:50 AM   #14
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500bloc
Through searching, this was what I was able to find.

Aggressiveness=Very High (80-127) The Higher, the more likely to take off
(anything past 99 is experimental)*

Pass Read Coverage=Very Low (10-30) The Lower, the more of a tendancy to take off
(you may want to increase the pass accuracy and strength to compensate for the lower read ability)

Scramble= I would say put this at what u think the player deserves

Stamina=High (Should be about 3/4 or .66 that of the Aggressiveness)
Hmmm... Aggressiveness might be the one to mess with.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:53 AM   #15
MVP

All of them have something to do with the QB scrambling, especially Read Coverage I believe.
But u can try any of it nonetheless.

For instance say u gave someone an 85 in scrambling, I'd also give him an 85 in aggressiveness and give him about 20 in Read Coverage with a 56 for Stamina.

Last edited by 500bloc; 09-25-2007 at 06:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2007, 06:56 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 21

Check if the INTS go way up and/or Pass Complete % goes way down by increasing Aggressivness to a high rating.

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »