Home

Games you had a good lead in but were then losing but won at the end

This is a discussion on Games you had a good lead in but were then losing but won at the end within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2007, 05:12 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 15
Games you had a good lead in but were then losing but won at the end

Okay, you're playing a game and have a good lead but the CPU comes back to take the lead but you're able to regroup and pull out the win in the end.

This is exactly what happened to me minutes ago. I'm playing my 2K7 franchise with the Eagles and am currently 14-0 on Legend as is. In week 15, I played the Giants in NY with rain and 5mph wind. I run early but get stuffed and have to punt. Giants score first with a FG and go up 3-0. I then go off on them scoring 21 unanswered points to take a 21-3 lead with 1:16 left in the half. Giants score a late second quarter TD with Barber and trail 21-10. I hit a FG as time expires and lead 24-10 at halftime.

Giants have possession to start the second half and score quickly with a long TD run by Barber and now trail 24-17. After I throw an INT, NY gets in FG range but miss it. I then drive down the field only to throw another INT that was returned for a TD. The game is now tied 24-24. After another INT, the Giants score a TD with Manning passing to Toomer.

Down 31-24 in the 4th quarter with 3:42 remaining, I finally get back on track and score a TD with Reggie Brown. I'm now tied 31-31. Giants have possession but I stuff them and they are forced to punt. With under 3 minutes left, I drive down the field and determined to get a TD to even out McNabb's TD to INT ration at 1:1, I put together a solid drive highlighted by a 28 yard run by McNabb. At the Giants 5 yard and it being 2nd and Goal, I find Stallworth opened on the left side for the TD with 0:15 remaining. I now have back my lead 38-31.

With no timeouts left, im able to hold on for the win in what was the most challenging game of the season thus far and was only the second game in which I didnt win by double digits or have a good lead going into the 4th quarter. I'm now 14-0 and head to Dallas to play the Cowboys and then finish up the season at home against Vick and the Falcons.

Stats -

PHI
McNabb: 15/24, 223, 4 TD, 4 INT
Stallworth: 8/127, 3 TD
Brown: 6/89, TD
M. Lewis: INT TD
Akers: 1/1 FG

NYG
Manning: 9/21, 165, TD, 2 INT, 3 sacks
Barber: 10/170, 2 TD
Toomer: 4/73, TD
Webster: 2 INT, TD
Feely: 1/2 FG

Scoring Summary -

NYG: Feely 25 yard FG (NYG 3-0 after the first quarter)
PHI: McNabb 34 yard TD pass to Stallworth (PHI 7-3)
PHI: McNabb 8 yard TD pass to Stallworth (PHI 14-3)
PHI: M. Lewis 34 yard INT return TD (PHI 21-3)
NYG: Barber 52 yard TD run (PHI 21-10)
PHI: Akers 28 yard FG (PHI 24-10 at halftime)
NYG: Barber 67 yard TD run (PHI 24-17)
NYG: Webster 70 yard INT return TD (24-24)
NYG: Manning 17 yard TD pass to Toomer (NYG 31-24)
PHI: McNabb 6 yard TD pass to Brown (31-31)
PHI: McNabb 5 yard TD pass to Stallworth (PHI 38-31)

FINAL SCORE -

PHI - 0 - 24 - 0 - 14 - 38
NYG - 3 - 7 - 21 - 0 - 31

Team Stats -

Total yards: PHI 330 - NYG 335
Pass yards: PHI 223 - NYG 165
Rush yards: PHI 107 - NYG 170
3rd down %: PHI 4/5 (80%) - NYG 1/6 (17%)
Pass plays: PHI 24 - NYG 24
Rush plays: PHI 21 - NYG 10
Turnovers: PHI 4 - NYG 2
Points off Turnovers: PHI 14 - NYG 14
Time of Poss.: PHI 12:09 - NYG 7:51

A few notes from my franchise -

- No trades have taken place as I use Finn's editor to remove players from the trading block
- After 15 weeks, only 18 transactions have occured with 10 of them being players put on IR
- I have 48 TD's and 20 INT's with McNabb as my running game is non-existent
- I have 37.5 sacks with DE Jevon Kearse
- I have 9 int with SS Michael Lewis

Also, I only play 5 minute quarters on Legend as is. I dont use hot routes nor do I do any trades or sign any free agents. Also, I always receive the ball to start the game if I win the coin toss as not doing so isnt represented correctly in-game.

Has anyone else had games like this???
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »