Home

Hey finn, can you fix the age/years pro issue?

This is a discussion on Hey finn, can you fix the age/years pro issue? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2007, 11:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Hey finn, can you fix the age/years pro issue?

Its strange seeing players being 18 years old. Its also weird seeing a 10 year vet not being 30. Can u make some adjustment? Say if its based on the year 2005, when you advance a year... the year of birth for the player gets pushed back. I'm sure everybody would support this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2007, 11:35 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Hey finn, can you fix the age/years pro issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblutarheel
Its strange seeing players being 18 years old. Its also weird seeing a 10 year vet not being 30. Can u make some adjustment? Say if its based on the year 2005, when you advance a year... the year of birth for the player gets pushed back. I'm sure everybody would support this.
It's only for roster files. Once you start a franchise and load the updated schedule, player ages should be correct.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:36 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

still, it be nice if the editor had the ages right
Old 10-04-2007, 10:39 PM   #4
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblutarheel
still, it be nice if the editor had the ages right

The editor only "knows" the year in franchise files... else it treats all roster files as though it is 2004 since that is the way the game treats them. No way around that. I don't think it should subtract years from the birth year of the players in default roster.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:23 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

Finn, I have a cosmetic problem w/ my roster related to the "advance year" tool... I don't think I remember it being present in the past:

After advancing the in-game year three times while creating the roster, I noticed this also has the apparent effect of "pushing back" any career/season stats for default roster players by the same # of years. So for example, if I click R3 on LaDainian Tomlinson in my roster to show his profile (LT wasn't drafted until 01-02), it lists his stats for '98, '99, & 2000... instead of '01, '02 & '03.

is this something that will also be remedied or disappear when I start up franchise w/ the 07-08 schedule or am I right that it's something new/not normal?

Quote:
I don't think it should subtract years from the birth year of the players in default roster.
^I DEFINITELY agree w/ you that we don't want it to do that, Finn. I think the original poster is mistaken that "everyone would support this"; rather, nobody would agree with it. Changing birth-year for a roster (purely cosmetic) would absolutely destroy franchise mode... when we use a roster in franchise mode everyone would be locked into the base year of 2004.... so this season for instance, when we loaded the 07-08 schedule Tomlinson would be 31 years old already instead of 28. And every season the problem would get worse by a year... so, 2 years from now he would be 35 instead of 30 in year-one of franchise. 5 years from now in the 2012-13 season, LT would start out a whopping 41 years old instead of 33.

And for what? so it looks nice in roster mode where age is meaningless?? NOT a good solution IMHO

Last edited by puja21; 10-05-2007 at 12:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2007, 01:51 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
Finn, I have a cosmetic problem w/ my roster related to the "advance year" tool... I don't think I remember it being present in the past:

After advancing the in-game year three times while creating the roster, I noticed this also has the apparent effect of "pushing back" any career/season stats for default roster players by the same # of years. So for example, if I click R3 on LaDainian Tomlinson in my roster to show his profile (LT wasn't drafted until 01-02), it lists his stats for '98, '99, & 2000... instead of '01, '02 & '03.

is this something that will also be remedied or disappear when I start up franchise w/ the 07-08 schedule or am I right that it's something new/not normal?
I know exactly what you're talking about and this always happens if you use the advance years pro option. However, like the years pro / age issue, this problem gets solved once you start a franchise and load the correct schedule. I noticed this when I created my 2K6 roster and no, it's not something new. It's basically the same thing as the years pro / age issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
^I DEFINITELY agree w/ you that we don't want it to do that, Finn. I think the original poster is mistaken that "everyone would support this"; rather, nobody would agree with it. Changing birth-year for a roster (purely cosmetic) would absolutely destroy franchise mode... when we use a roster in franchise mode everyone would be locked into the base year of 2004.... so this season for instance, when we loaded the 07-08 schedule Tomlinson would be 31 years old already instead of 28. And every season the problem would get worse by a year... so, 2 years from now he would be 35 instead of 30 in year-one of franchise. 5 years from now in the 2012-13 season, LT would start out a whopping 41 years old instead of 33.

And for what? so it looks nice in roster mode where age is meaningless?? NOT a good solution IMHO
I agree with both of you. This is a minor detail and can easily be solved by starting a franchise and loading the correct schedule. This problem and the yearly stats problem are both related and have to do with advancing every player's years pro. Both can be easily solved so why mess around with either? Like the saying goes, if it aint broke, dont fix it.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:02 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
I know exactly what you're talking about and this always happens if you use the advance years pro option. However, like the years pro / age issue, this problem gets solved once you start a franchise and load the correct schedule. I noticed this when I created my 2K6 roster and no, it's not something new. It's basically the same thing as the years pro / age issue.
ok good-- i just never noticed that before. it makes logical sense however if you think how the editor "advances a year" in practical terms
Old 10-05-2007, 10:23 AM   #8
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm not sure I am following as this sounds confusing, so let me make it simple and you guys tell me if I am right.

You increase a players age in the roster....making him say, 3 years older since the original roster is 3 years old. Fine for exhibition play, right?

Load this in a franchise that is scheduled for 2007 and the franchise automatically ages him another 3 years since it knows it is 3 years "past" the original roster creation?

Is this what is happening?

Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »