Home

Game Speed...what was I thinking??

This is a discussion on Game Speed...what was I thinking?? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2007, 10:51 PM   #1
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Game Speed...what was I thinking??

I've gone back and forth with this, but I can't believe how much more real the FAST setting looks during the running of the play! Why wasn't I doing this all along? Don't believe me.....take any roster set, even mine that has hyped up skill player speeds, and go into practice/special moves mode with a known fast running back. Grab the ball and go down to the near GL and try to run a 4.4/40. Hell, try even running a 6.4/40! Speed burst as much as you want, but you won't be able to do it on normal speed. I'm going to try a few games, but I don't think I'll be able to go back to normal speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2007, 10:55 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Game Speed...what was I thinking??

And the tackles are much more vicious-looking

However, I THINK playing on fast speed affects the overall difficulty in some way i dunno.....i dont have 2k5 or an xbox anymore but I do remember testing this out once:

I Maxed out all CPU sliders and put all human sliders at 0 - Insanely difficult to say the least

Then, I switched it to FAST speed with same slider settings - Quite a drastic difference.....it was quite easier to move the ball

I dunno just an ol' experiment i did years ago lol but yeah, FAST is just...better looking/feeling

aahhhhh good ol' NFL 2K5
Old 10-11-2007, 12:39 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
I've gone back and forth with this, but I can't believe how much more real the FAST setting looks during the running of the play! Why wasn't I doing this all along? Don't believe me.....take any roster set, even mine that has hyped up skill player speeds, and go into practice/special moves mode with a known fast running back. Grab the ball and go down to the near GL and try to run a 4.4/40. Hell, try even running a 6.4/40! Speed burst as much as you want, but you won't be able to do it on normal speed. I'm going to try a few games, but I don't think I'll be able to go back to normal speed.
I used to play on the FAST setting for the longest time, but after playing APF for a while and then coming back to 2K5, it just seemed weird to have everyone moving that fast. The FAST setting definitely makes things intense, especially while trying to deliver passes in a quickly collapsing pocket. The one thing I really don't like about FAST speed is that the already unusually quick QB scrambling looks freakishly fast. I think a speed in between normal and fast would be the ideal. I just like that this game gives you options like that so you can tailor your gaming experience to what you want...this game plays excellent in so many different ways.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:16 AM   #4
I love meaty chics

ac11367's Arena

OVR: 7

From observation, gamespeed in fast seems to make DB's react better to passes thrown. But I agree with the above poster with scrambling QB being very fast. If I'm in a cheesy mood while playing in my Ravens franchise, I would run Boller 10 times a game.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:29 PM   #5
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Well, it depends on how you exploit the game. Running w/ Boller 10x a game just isn't realistic, but then neither is getting 6 wrap around goals in a hockey game. So if you know it's there, then why take advantage of a programmer's mistake and take away from your gaming enjoyment?

I think this fast speed w/ some speed adjustment on the attributes has some merit. The tweaks I've currently used for speed need a small dialing down, but then I think it's going to approximate more a real game look and feel. But in regard to the cpu playing better, that seems very true. Therefore, sliders are going to have to be reworked, which I've already started doing. I think LB coverage may need a bit of addressing as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2007, 12:45 PM   #6
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Well, it depends on how you exploit the game. Running w/ Boller 10x a game just isn't realistic, but then neither is getting 6 wrap around goals in a hockey game. So if you know it's there, then why take advantage of a programmer's mistake and take away from your gaming enjoyment?

I think this fast speed w/ some speed adjustment on the attributes has some merit. The tweaks I've currently used for speed need a small dialing down, but then I think it's going to approximate more a real game look and feel. But in regard to the cpu playing better, that seems very true. Therefore, sliders are going to have to be reworked, which I've already started doing. I think LB coverage may need a bit of addressing as well.
LOL you all just came to this conclusion after the games has been released for how long
Old 10-11-2007, 01:13 PM   #7
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

I play on fast speed and wouldn't go back. I can't speak for other rosters, but I've dialed it down for most of the QBs on my roster. There are maybe two with a 70, but most are in the lower 50s to lower 60s. I noticed a difference when I'm rolling out on my own and seeing a DE running me down before I can get to the line. It actually makes having that one QB with some speed a really big bonus (as I imagine having it was like being Vick or Steve Young compared to Marino or Manning).

My 2 pennies worth.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:13 PM   #8
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotShot232
LOL you all just came to this conclusion after the games has been released for how long
Welllll....we were all awaiting your arrival to these boards to enlighten us, but since that didn't happen.....we've all been wandering around in the dark...

....with a blindfold....

....and our eyes poked out!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »