Home

I cannot freaking believe I've never noticed this before

This is a discussion on I cannot freaking believe I've never noticed this before within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2007, 04:10 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: I cannot freaking believe I've never noticed this before

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
yup one of the best features in the game.... to the best of my recollection, the only major sports game w/ this feature too
You can do this in Madden 08 too....of course it is 3 years later so it's about freakin time!

NFL2K5 was way ahead of its time.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:58 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I agree, this is an excellent feature...

Good point about the manuals. 2K's are much better than EA's.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:04 PM   #11
MVP

FloridaGators's Arena

OVR: 11

I started playing this game today after a two year layoff and yeah, it is the best football video game I've ever played still and still up there with Winning Eleven as the best sports video game I've ever played. So many amazing things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2007, 11:58 PM   #12
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

I actually bought an old fat PS2 with a hard drive just to be able to see the halftime show, etc. in this game. Being able to see any replay in the gamecast was a nice bonus.

It's gonna be a long time before a football game surpasses 2K5's greatness.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:03 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

Holy jeebus, never knew about that one, good call vswitzer. And to everyone posting about having to buy an Xbox, hell I did just that for this game myself last year when I discovered the awesome community of fans and rosters and enhancement packs. I of course had the PS2 one but that didn't have this much support so I spend around 200 bucks all together for an Xbox, the game, Action Replay and a controller. Worth it.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:31 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vswitzer
So I just got done playing the game of my life. Texans (me) @ Chargers...
Anyway, after being down 14-0 and losing my top receiver, Davis (I played this game without Andre Johnson), in the first quarter I come roaring back and eventually take the lead in the 4th quarter with a 44yd TD pass to David Anderson that was set up by runs of 5, 6, 7, and 7 by Dayne who came in after I benched Green for sucking at football. It was Anderson's 3rd of the day and Schaub's 4th. And right after that, like clockwork, SD marched the ball down the field and on a 4th and 10 from the 20 they throw a screen to LT who broke two tackles and took it down to the 2. The following play they hand off to Turner who came in for the tired Tomlinson, and fumbled the ball in the end zone... So I pretty much think I have game over with. Just one first down to go. But then Dayne breaks off runs of 3, 3, and 4 leaving me with 4th and inches. So like any other normal person I punt it away and on the very next play, with 1:09 to go, Rivers hits Chambers who breaks a tackle and puts on the ridiculous spin move to make a fully charged CC Brown miss completely... of course he scores a touchdown... which makes me down by 3 again... so, final drive starting at the 20:
:58 - Schaub to Walter for 20
:51 - Schaub sacked for loss of 6
:34 - Schaub to Anderson for 22
:28 - INC Pass
:23 - INC Pass
:17 - Schaub to Anderson for 25
:12 - INC Pass
:08 - Schaub to Walter for 19 and the Score*

I had to take control and jump in front of three DB's to make the catch... I didn't believe he caught it so bad that I just stood there and Shaun Phillips had to knock me into the endzone... ****ing awesome game... I couldn't believe it...

Anyway... I was sitting here marveling over the Gamecast and in the bottom right hand corner I notice "Press A to view replay"... So I think to myself, "WTF?... No way." ... but sure enough, you can view a replay of every single snap... I cannot believe I've never noticed this before... good god this game still finds ways to amaze me... unbelievable...
I feel ya brother.That feature is too cold man.I'm gonna have to pop in my ole 2k5 tonight...reading your post is getting me pumped up. Nfl 2k5 Foreva
Old 11-10-2007, 06:35 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot

Another underated feature of this and some other 2K games is the in-game manual. Very nice. I have some games from other companies where the manual is very skimpy, and the game itself doesn't offer much tidbits either. To learn the game you have to come to a place like OS........NHL '08 is one such example for me.
Ah man your killing me! I totally forgot about that.Well my 360's gonna get unplugged when I get to the house.Getting my 2k5 on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2007, 01:10 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

alright i have a quick question (off topic). in the enhancement pack after you download it and everything, are there more tackle animations? or are the hits just fiercer and harder?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »