Home

Mastering the right stick juke moves

This is a discussion on Mastering the right stick juke moves within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2007, 02:12 PM   #1
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Mastering the right stick juke moves

I'd like to know what everyone's experience is with using the right stick juke moves. I myself have found only a few of the moves to be useful, and would like to get some insight as to how I can use the ones I haven't had much success with.

So far here has been my experience with the moves:

Ones I use regularly

UP then quarter circle LEFT or RIGHT (stutter spin)- Probably the move I do most when using the right stick, it's relatively quick and seems to work in just about any situation.

UP then LEFT or RIGHT (stutter juke)
- A nice little move, if timed right it can leave multiple defenders on the ground.

RIGHT then RIGHT (or LEFT then LEFT) (jab juke)
- Another pretty good move, though it requires a bit more space.

Ones I have yet to master

DOWN then UP (stop and go), DOWN then quarter circle LEFT or RIGHT (stop spin), DOWN then LEFT or RIGHT (stop jab), RIGHT or LEFT then DOWN (jab stop)- All of the moves involving DOWN (stop) pretty much never seem to work too well for me. Maybe I'm not using them right, maybe it's just not my style... I don't know...

RIGHT then LEFT (or LEFT then RIGHT) (double juke)- a long animation that I pull off sometimes, but generally stay away from because it's such a long move.

RIGHT or LEFT then quarter circle down and back (juke and spin same side)
- I've tried this move maybe once in a game.

RIGHT or LEFT then half circle down (juke and spin side to side)
- the mother of all moves, reserved for experts it seems.

Any tips are appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2007, 02:53 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Mastering the right stick juke moves

It's funny, I know about the right analog being used for those moves but amazingly, I have never ever used any of them. I stick with the main buttons for my moves and prefer the shoulder charge (Y button) for my RB and the juke move (L2/R2) for my WR's. They seem to work pretty well for me.

Good luck mastering the rest of those moves.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:25 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

i too know of those moves especially after the video of it was posted. the problem is i never can get them to work. i think most work if you are playing against a human opponent.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:50 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookooForCocoa
All of the moves involving DOWN (stop) pretty much never seem to work too well for me. Maybe I'm not using them right, maybe it's just not my style... I don't know...
"stop-&-go" is DEVASTATING any time you are going down the sideline & about to be engaged from the front or side (not behind):
eg someone is coming from midfield or downfield at you to hit your runner OB.

just hit the brakes & watch the wipe out animation or the defender runs/dives past OB... then you are free to continue down the sideline
Old 11-04-2007, 08:36 PM   #5
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
"stop-&-go" is DEVASTATING any time you are going down the sideline & about to be engaged from the front or side (not behind):
eg someone is coming from midfield or downfield at you to hit your runner OB.

just hit the brakes & watch the wipe out animation or the defender runs/dives past OB... then you are free to continue down the sideline
Thanks for that... That's kind of what I was thinking, that stop moves are good for going down the sideline. I actually recently saw the stop and go move being pulled off down the sideline in a Sportscenter highlight in franchise mode.

The thing is I'm so used to just trying to get the ball down field, especially on the sideline, that stopping seems almost counterintuitive. I'll have to try to work in a stop move next chance I get.

To those not using the right stick... I only recently (like within the last few months) started using the right stick moves and I think they are pretty much essential on special teams. I used to NEVER break any returns, but now I can actually get a return for a TD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2007, 10:13 AM   #6
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

Okay yes... Stop and Go is sick. In a game last night I got a pick at about the hash marks... Headed for the sideline while being pursued by someone who had the angle, and just as he got close I pulled the move off and he kind of fell forward, swiped and missed.

Really, the best part about the right stick moves are the miss animations by the defenders. When you pull one off right it's highlight reel stuff.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:25 PM   #7
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldogg
i too know of those moves especially after the video of it was posted. the problem is i never can get them to work. i think most work if you are playing against a human opponent.
I struggle with them too. I think you need to anticipate the play and pull the moves off earlier than you would normally expect to?? Maybe some of the more skilled guys here can confirm??
Old 11-08-2007, 02:05 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

The left to right, long animation juke needs to be used when you're heading down open field with one defender ahead of you to shake. You should see the kicker try and save a touchdown against Hester when he jukes the cleats off him.

The wonderful thing about these moves is the fact that they are situation specific, so you don't have to try and do them all in the same situations, like just running the ball. For example the stop and go one that was already mentioned, specific to the sideline run. Just think about what the move is and when you would realistically use it, and do that in-game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »