Home

New version uploaded. (3.0.0.72)

This is a discussion on New version uploaded. (3.0.0.72) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2007, 03:13 PM   #1
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
New version uploaded. (3.0.0.72)

I added the advanced data restore I mentioned in another thread. You pick how the players are matched and you choose what to restore. It is accessed from the tools menu (Backup Player Data and Restore Player Data). In addition, you can clear stats of multiple players at a time. I also believe I fixed player contracts but I need some people to hammer them to see if it holds.

What's next.... Incorporating NFL history import and allowing capa the ability to have multiples of the same team. Any other requests while I'm at it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2007, 03:26 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: New version uploaded. (3.0.0.72)

clear stats is awesome, thanks for the quick turnaround Finn.

i'm going to get right on testing w/ contracts. any clue how that impacts the existing cap? For example, if you renegotiate a player's deal in-game, the existing penalty is assessed first (just like if you released him) & then the new contract is applied to the cap too... so it's kind of a double-hit to remaining cap space. any idea on if this will also happen if i change a player's contract in the editor?

Like I was saying yesterday, this issue would be eliminated if there was some way to "clear all penalties" for a franchise team in the same way that we can "clear stats" for a player. If we could open a franchise file in the editor & there was a button in the toolbar to "reset penalty value to zero," that would make franchise updating possible throughout each of the 100 possible in-game years.

I have found updating a franchise year-to-year to in some ways actually be a better option than using a new roster file because the game removes any unused nameslots from the save during the offseason. As such, this seems to make for less issues (stat bug, freezing, preseason sim lags, etc) based on my limited testing

PS awesome work as always. thanks for working so hard on contracts for the past 2 years. i cant imagine what goes into cracking that whole process
Old 11-10-2007, 04:28 PM   #3
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
clear stats is awesome, thanks for the quick turnaround Finn.

i'm going to get right on testing w/ contracts. any clue how that impacts the existing cap? For example, if you renegotiate a player's deal in-game, the existing penalty is assessed first (just like if you released him) & then the new contract is applied to the cap too... so it's kind of a double-hit to remaining cap space. any idea on if this will also happen if i change a player's contract in the editor?

Like I was saying yesterday, this issue would be eliminated if there was some way to "clear all penalties" for a franchise team in the same way that we can "clear stats" for a player. If we could open a franchise file in the editor & there was a button in the toolbar to "reset penalty value to zero," that would make franchise updating possible throughout each of the 100 possible in-game years.

I have found updating a franchise year-to-year to in some ways actually be a better option than using a new roster file because the game removes any unused nameslots from the save during the offseason. As such, this seems to make for less issues (stat bug, freezing, preseason sim lags, etc) based on my limited testing

PS awesome work as always. thanks for working so hard on contracts for the past 2 years. i cant imagine what goes into cracking that whole process
I have no idea how it affects the CAP... Considering I don't even know how it works in-game it should be no surprise. I have never played past year 1 of any franchise so I have never signed/re-signed renegotiated anything.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:45 PM   #4
MVP

when working on saves, have you ever stumbled across what represents or may represent the penalty value for each team?

not sure if this would help, but i have a franchise file for which I calculated the penalty value assigned to each team. just figured it by taking the remaining capspace in-game for each team & subtracting those values from the capspace amounts listed in the editor (b/c it seems the editor subtracts total salaries from the salary cap to determine capspace)
Old 11-10-2007, 05:27 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

Wow, this is one of the best updates yet. Finn, you never cease to amaze. From what I can tell from initial testing, the contracts portion has been fixed and is fully operational. The BMI auto update is also working as it should.

If I may make a suggestion, under the "Contracts" tab for each player, I think instead of putting "Salary," it should be "Contract Value." When this value is edited in the editor it equals the total contract value in game rather than the player's yearly salary. Additionally, the "Contract" field could be changed to "Contract Type." I think that may make things a little more clear for new users of the editor.

Once again, great work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2007, 06:18 PM   #6
MVP

Hey, Finn. Great work here. You know about these draft sliders?

DRAFT SLIDERS MUST SEE

Is there a way we can get an automated tool for it? Where you can open the tool, select fix draft class, select your franchise, and have it make all those edits automatically?

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT
Old 11-10-2007, 07:03 PM   #7
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gta95
Hey, Finn. Great work here. You know about these draft sliders?

DRAFT SLIDERS MUST SEE

Is there a way we can get an automated tool for it? Where you can open the tool, select fix draft class, select your franchise, and have it make all those edits automatically?
It probably could be done but I don't know if I want to spend a lot of time implementing something that can be done manually in less then 10 minutes.

Sorry,
Finn
Old 11-11-2007, 01:38 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
It probably could be done but I don't know if I want to spend a lot of time implementing something that can be done manually in less then 10 minutes.

Sorry,
Finn
No problem, I just do it for a lot of people, and was trying to see if there was a way to quicken the process.

I don't know if you do web programming or anything, but how about a way you could upload the franchise file to a website, and it would do the edits and give you a link to download the new file? I wish I could do that kind of thing.

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »