Home

Can anyone help me with re naming in finns editor

This is a discussion on Can anyone help me with re naming in finns editor within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2007, 10:55 PM   #1
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
Can anyone help me with re naming in finns editor

I have tried searching the forums but is there someone out there who can explain to me exactly how to change a player's name. For example I know how to click the tab and get players names that are already in the game, but what if i want to change a name to tyjuan. I know i click on the tab next to the first name, but which name do i choose to edit. If i choose a name such as tom( ) that is tied to no one it will not let me type in the first name slot. But if i choose the same tom( )* with this symbol* i can type over that existing name. Is this the right way to change first and last name that are unique. And why is their two names one with the * and one without. I understand all the other so called tom listings that are attached with last names, just wondering if i am doing this right by changing the name with the * next to it
thanks alot
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2007, 09:48 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Can anyone help me with re naming in finns editor

Clicking on a player's first or last name in Finn's editor will reveal the following list or "name database":

--Any name with an asterisk following the brackets can be overwritten.
--Any name without an asterisk (~1000 common names or so) are reserved by the game to create draft class prospects in franchise mode & cannot be overwritten. These include Abbott Abe & Abel in the above example. You can assign or "point" any player(s) to these rookie/"draft class" reserved name-slots, but the names themselves cannot be changed. If you assign a player to one of these slots it will look like the first name in the following example (uneditable):

--The full-names inside the brackets following the equals sign indicate all players assigned to that respective name-slot. If you change a name with multiple players assigned to it, EVERY player assigned to that slot will also receive the new name. For example, if you pointed to "A.J" in the example & typed Tyjuan for your new player's name, then A.J. Hawk & A.J. Feeley would become Tyjuan Hawk & Tyjuan Feeley respectively.
--So to create a new name not already in the database, you would point your player to either the first "Aaron" or "Abdul" in the example list, because no players are presently assigned to those two editable name-slots. There are many un-used nameslots like this in my roster.

Before you click on the box next to a player's first or last name to reveal the whole name database, there is an easy indicator provided by Finn which tells you if another player is assigned to that name-slot: if the font for the words "First" or "Last" is red, then multiple players are assigned to that respective name-slot:

^so more than one player is assigned to this Ellison name-slot. Moving your mouse cursor over the red word will reveal all players assigned to that slot:

^So 2 players are assigned to this Ellison name-slot, Keith Ellison & Atiyyah Ellison.

Two other thoughts regarding your question:
1) If you are using my roster, the name "Tyjuan" was already created in the database by me for Indy's Tyjuan Hagler, so you should just point your new player there rather than overwrite an existing name-slot
2) Please don't PM me if you are just going to post a thread on it (also, this question has been addressed in the forums many times, several by me... the search feature WILL find the answer)

Last edited by puja21; 12-19-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:53 PM   #3
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Again, another great reason for the search tool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 04-17-2008, 11:51 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 15

I personally prefer to rename players by overwriting the current name listed. For example, I'll edit QB Tim Couch into QB Alex Smith by typing in the first and last name. I dont use the "pop up" list because I dont want any player linked to another. I want every player to be separate. FINN said that there's a renaming limit based on the characters but since im eliminating existing players and replacing them with new players, I doubt that I will ever reach that limit.

The only time that I ever used the "pop up" list was when I learned a trick on how to overwrite players in the Draft Class. A trick that puja uses for his kick *** draft classes. Other than that, I prefer to overwrite every player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »