Home

NFL 2K5 won't work on my 360 - Need Advice

This is a discussion on NFL 2K5 won't work on my 360 - Need Advice within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2007, 09:30 AM   #9
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: NFL 2K5 won't work on my 360 - Need Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
I like playing it on the black box. Most games work better on the Xbox than the 360, as the 360 is usually more choppy and freezes. I'd say since you have an Xbox to play on it, but it is up to you.
I couldn't take it anymore. I had to play some games in the comfort of my video room, so I hauled the Xbox into it and hooked it up (what a pain because of my setup and lack of component jacks on my HDTV (only have 2 taken up by other components)). But, fired it up. Got some strange interference waves on the screen. Never saw that before. I'm not sure what's going on, but I'll try to reroute the cables. Now time to play some real football. Thanks for the advice.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:29 AM   #10
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

I just don't get it. Today, I traded in the scratched disc for another copy that looks fine, and it gets up to the SEGA screen and stops loading. It says my copy may be dirty or scratched. I have another copy (my old original copy) that is in mint condition, and it won't play either. So, it must be my 360. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do to fix this other than get another 360 (which I won't do, I'll just use the old Xbox)?
Old 12-11-2007, 12:10 AM   #11
Rookie

airnique23's Arena

OVR: 6

My copy doesnt seem to play on my 360 neither. Upon loading it presents an error messege that says: "The original Xbox game has encountered a problem and cannot continue. For more info, go to www.xbox.com/support" Does any body know what could be the cause of this??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2007, 02:55 AM   #12
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

I ended up buying another 360 because I wanted HDMI and the better chip that runs cooler and is supposed to be more reliable. I put my other 360 in the family room where it can be used as a DVD player as well as for games when kids come over, or if my wife makes me go out there to play for some reason (she is cool and lets me have the good TV... what a wife).

Anyway, I hooked it up, fired it up, and NFL 2K5 works no problem. I can't wait to get my Xport on Wednesday. The new chip (Falcon 65 nm) is much cooler and a little quieter because the fan isn't as loud. The HDMI looks good, but not much better than my hookup before with VGA, but a little sharper than component cables. I may get that HDDVD add on for Christmas .
My theory is that my old 360s DVD drive could no longer read original Xbox games as well anymore, and messed up a lot on Xbox 360 games especially when I did not open the door to start with then put the game in. I think the drives laser is slightly off, and that was the problem. It had nothing to do with emulation because I was able to download that once from Xbox live, and also made a disc from xbox.com. It was certainly not the discs as one was practically mint, and the other only had minor surface scratches, and ran great on the original xbox. It was definitely my 360.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:03 PM   #13
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

I put my 360 in the family room, and my wife wanted to watch Master & Commander on it (original DVD). I put it in, and it won't read that either. It plays my backup DVDs no problem, but has problems with real DVDs, go figure. Anyway, I think all of this is related to my not being able to run NFL 2K5 on it. It works fine on my new 360 in the living room though, and on my original Xbox. I am glad I never resorted to selling my Xbox. I have regretted many sales to EB or Gamestop in the past just for that money quick fix to justify buying something. I have sold off so many systems and games to people over the years and have regretted it.

Now that Christmas is coming, I am getting nostalgic for Systems of Christmas Pasts. I miss my old Sega Genesis, my Nintendo NES, my Atari 5200, my Colecovision, my Commodore 64, my Atari 800XL and last but not least, my original Atari VCS (not the 2600 version, but the original VCS). I never had an Odyssey or an Intellivision. Yes, I am showing my age.

Off the subject here, but did any of you guys like the old PS1 College Gamebreakers Football game. I had a lot of fun with that one back in its day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »