Home

Anyone ever seen this before

This is a discussion on Anyone ever seen this before within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2007, 04:23 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Anyone ever seen this before

Forget my previous post about the switching positions. That had nothing to do with it either. I simply used the depth chart in-game and put the players in order of rating. I then saved this file and tested out the depth chart in Finn's editor and it works as it should. In other words, the file below is exactly the same as the one you posted but fixed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_Ros3wtrn11.zip (256.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-08-2007, 05:41 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 20

yeah-- that's how i fixed the ravens one which popped up after i changed the base defense

going into the game is always the best remedy. think about it: the editor depth chart doesn't always "show" what the actual depth chart is. i think it has something to do with making changes to a file that don't carry over to the depth chart

like sometimes if you click on a position in the editor's depth chart to adjust it's order (Left guard for instance), you'll see the order is different than what it just showed on the general depth chart window (where all positions are viewable). doesn't happen every time only if youve done some work on the file

there is absolutely something hidden in each player that tells the game where he should go in the depth chart or "ranks him" somehow because when you paste players on to a file they always get sorted into the depth chart order from the source file.

Example: in the editor, open up a current roster & open the default roster. paste all the linebackers from one current team over the linebackers of a default team but intentionally cross up the order... meaning paste the starting MLB in the current roster over the last-string middle linebacker from the default team. when you finish pasting the 6 or 8 LBs, the resulting depth chart will already be exactly correct for LBs as it was in your updated fill. so, pasting a player brings his depth chart information with him somehow.

ive seen this every time when pasting players over before the restore tool got fixed-- it is independent of all other factors like OVR rating. eg if i had a low rated player starting, he will definitely be starting w/ the subs set the same after pasting

Last edited by puja21; 12-08-2007 at 05:44 PM.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:02 PM   #11
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

thanks for the help guys i also had a couple more questions. When pasting a player does it only paste their attributes, or can i just paste a player from another roster to mine with name att's and equip. Also i noticed in your roster file puja you would use the letter 0 and then type in new names instead of selecting for ex tim()* ive talked to other roster makers that have been at this for a while and a couple do the same, how did you guys figure this out, and im sure you now its safe, but why was this method used thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2007, 04:03 AM   #12
Banned

I personally suggest using the Depth Chart in-game. The only time I used the depth chart in Finn's editor is for editing the kick and punt returners for all 32 teams every week. Sure, this is a pain in the *** and it now takes me three days to finish a full season instead of two days but at least the actual kick and punt returners are the ones returning the ball.

And since I use Finn's editor for the first six weeks to eliminate players from the trading block by switching CPU teams to USER, it's not that big of a deal to use the depth chart to edit the kick and punt returners.

The only time that I'll edit a team's depth chart in-game during franchise is in the playoffs. I always edit my opponent because I dont want to see some crappy backup QB in there playing instead of the starter. I hated that on PS2. Argh!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »