Home

Is It Me Or

This is a discussion on Is It Me Or within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2007, 04:51 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Is It Me Or

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrobbone
The return policy comes to mind. Before, if you bought a game new, used, or otherwise you could not get a return on it unless it was new and still sealed. Now, if you buy a new game and you don't like it you are still screwed.
Where's the problem with that? If I buy a game, I should be stuck with it unless there's a issue with the disk, in which case I'm able to exchange it for another copy. People are free to rent games before buying. If I end up with a dud game because I rushed out and bought it without renting first, that's my fault.

And the staff in the two EB stores I frequent are great people and very helpful. Every store chain has it's dud employees. That's life.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:22 AM   #10
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

The other thing I absoltely hate now is when you walk in they walk up to you and ask if there is anything you need help findind, since they're forced to do it. This reeks of Barnes & Noble, who of course owns Gamestop and which I used to work for. They think customer service is nothing more than bugging the hell out of people.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:27 AM   #11
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by truzoe
cant never help you with nothing.
Wow, triple negative.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2007, 10:41 AM   #12
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

The best thing of all is when I walk into Game stop of a Software EX, and I the way the workers look, I mean it's like Geek city, these guys are from a different world, and to top it off they don't know ***t about video games.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 12-10-2007, 03:10 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Where's the problem with that? If I buy a game, I should be stuck with it unless there's a issue with the disk, in which case I'm able to exchange it for another copy. People are free to rent games before buying. If I end up with a dud game because I rushed out and bought it without renting first, that's my fault.

And the staff in the two EB stores I frequent are great people and very helpful. Every store chain has it's dud employees. That's life.
Like I said, there are good people at some stores, but by and large their customer service is terrible. At least in my area.

While I agree with you that a customer should research a product to make sure it fits his needs before the purchase, this doesn't always work out. For example: a frequent situation involved someone coming into the store to buy a game for a nephew, cousin, etc. but didn't know what games the kid has already. Or maybe they only had a vague idea what the kid likes to play. Maybe the relative has no idea what version of that Naruto or Yu Gi Oh game the kiddo wants. In that case, as an employee all you can do is try to guess what the kid will like or try desperately to steer the customer towards a gift card so the kid can come get exactly what he wants. You do have to make sure that the customer knows about the return policy, but not all Gamestops do this.

This customer might buy a game the kid already has, or one the kid doesn't like or simply is too difficult for him to get the hang of.

The return policy should take things like this into account. Especially when it comes to the "new" games they sell that have had the cellophane removed to make a wall display. If a customer buys that copy and doesn't like it, as long as it's still in new condition, what's wrong with helping that customer out and making the return or an exchange?

It's good that you found a store or two that treats you well. By all means, shop there. But you are in the minority when it comes to finding decent service inside of a Gamestop\EB. They don't treat their DM's, Managers, or ASM's very well, so it only follows that their customer service would be suspect. I guess I've worked in retail too long so I expect more, and maybe I should relax a bit, but when I ask a clerk to perform a simple, logical function of her job and she flat refuses my request, there's a problem there.

Also, renting a game in my town costs around eight bucks. I pretty well know whether or not I'll like a game beforehand so I don't run into the situation, but games are expensive enough without adding to the cost for a trial run. Most people aren't willing to pony up for that.

This thread reminds me of an article I read recently written by a Gamestop manager who got tired of all the Gamestop bashing he was reading about. It addresses certain isses both employees and customers face all the time, and is well worth the read if you ever wondered about Gamestop policy.

It can be found here:

http://www.gamervision.com/gamer/coo...mestop_manager

If this guy ran the Gamestop by my house, I would likely not have any complaints, but my point of all this rambling is that he is the exception, not the rule.

So, I shop elsewhere. To each his own.

Last edited by rrobbone; 12-10-2007 at 03:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »