Home

Finn - what is on your radar for next release or two?

This is a discussion on Finn - what is on your radar for next release or two? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2007, 08:21 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Finn - what is on your radar for next release or two?

Finn,

Thanks for the update.

If you do get the renaming thing working so we can have more than one team of same franchise in the roster file (ie: 1986 and 1965 Browns) I am just about set to release 2 sets of rosters....one with teams from 1955 - 1980 (50's 60's, 70's), and one from 1981 - 2007. I think the community would have a blast with these.

Renaming especially important for the 1955-1980 set as the newer franchises (Ravens, Panthers, etc..) did not exist back then so I'd like to include other historic teams in their slots.

Keep me/us updated on your progress here!

Thanks again!

C
Old 12-12-2007, 08:42 AM   #10
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
WOW!!! I'm still amazed Finn by what you have done thus far and what you're trying to do. When you say player stats, you mean adding their career stats or being able to see their current season stats in the editor, like the way you added team stats?

Thanks for looking into the ability of being able to edit playoff games. Any chance you can look into renaming stadium names? Thanks Finn.
I mean edit career stats.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:07 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
I mean edit career stats.

I asked finn about this a while back,Is he the Man or what!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2007, 05:35 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

editing career stats is the main one for me. good luck with it Finn!
Old 12-12-2007, 06:20 PM   #13
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13

i want to make a dream league with classic teams,could someone explain how to do this with finns editor,thanks.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:26 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge380
i want to make a dream league with classic teams,could someone explain how to do this with finns editor,thanks.
It's what I have on my list once he finishes with the renaming of teams in the editor. See my post on previous page.

Anyway, you take a historic team, export it by right clicking on the name of the team. You'll have to do this for each historic team you want in the league. Then find a roster file (preferably the default one that came with the game) and import each team into its appropriate slot. You'll want to make sure you have the team selected in the editor you want to import the correct historic team for.

For example, the first team that comes up in the editor is the 49ers. Right click the name and select import. Select whatever historic 49er team you want to use and have previously exported as team file. Continue in the same manner for all teams in the league. That's all there is to it. But check depth charts because sometimes they can get screwed up bad on import.

Also, you cannot identify the teams yet in any way in the roster. You can't rename it to say the 1981 49ers, for example. Finn is working on that but not ready yet. So, you'll have to remember or write down which historic teams you actually import into the roster set.

C
Old 12-12-2007, 07:44 PM   #15
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13

capa,thanks a bunch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2007, 02:29 AM   #16
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

He finn could you add a performance eq addition? I have always wanted to see how it would effect players overall ratings..
You never see the changes in game..

on NFL2kX, which is now a dead site. They asked the developers how it worked. They said it plays with ratings using a simple
equasion. 80 was considered the starting point of any rating. So if a rating was below 80 you took the difference of what it
took to get to 80 cut it in half and add that to the original rating. Sounds complicated but its actually simple.

says a player is rated 70 in coverage, 70 is ten away from 80, half of 10 is 5. So 70 + 5 = 75 now that player is rated 75..

say a player is rated at 90 for coverage, 90 is ten from 80, half of 10 is 5. So 90 - 5 = 85 now that player is rated 85

It really doesnt effect the middle ranked players, just brings up the bottoms of rosters..
if a Olineman was rated 50 for pass blocking he would become 65...

Last edited by adriano; 12-14-2007 at 02:41 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »